What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Steely Dan, can’t buy a thrill. :relaxed:

18 Likes

Still easing my way into the forum :expressionless:

8 Likes

David Bowie | Space Oddity | 1972 / 2019
Tony Visconti’s fine remix of this wonderful Bowie classic.

20 Likes

Popped up a few times……my first ever listen to this group….like this album

16 Likes

Birdy, piano sketches. Short one for half time. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Watching football and listening to music:-

11 Likes

Should be inside on this cold, foggy night but I’m in the capacity of Dad Cab this evening so in the car listening to Bananrama, Kiss, Kim Wilde, The pretenders, Queen and all those 80s classics. Also the banal adverts.

It says Harman Kardon on the door speakers, and it has a (cough) graphic equaliser to compensate for the car being a poor listening environment.

Now, time for a little ‘Eye of the Tiger’.

5 Likes

A blast from the late 1980’s and still one of my favourites. Regret that I never saw them live, but this gem makes up for that!

4 Likes

Roberta Flack, chapter two. :relaxed:

10 Likes

My favourite album of theirs too, a wonderful record. It was only made available on streaming services earlier this year - up to then I just could not get my hands on it.

1 Like

Robert Cray - Strong Persuader.

20 Likes

Ruthie Foster - Healing Time
CD|2022

5 Likes

With the recent MoFi release I’ve dug out my US first press version and mighty fine it is too. No need to ‘upgrade’!

17 Likes

Just Finished…

Regina Spector - Remember Us To Life

Regina Spektor (Celeste, Piano, String Arrangements, Synthesizer, Vocals), Leo Abrahams (Bass, Guitar, Percussion, String Arrangements, Synthesizer), Jay Bellerose|Percussion), Caroline Buckman (Viola), Giovanna Clayton (Cello), Jack Dishel (Vocals), Mike Elizondo (Bass, Double Bass), Judith Hamann (Cello), Songa Lee (Violin), Stella Mozgawa (Drums), Julie Rogers (Violin), Davide Rossi (Viola, Violin), Nancy Roth Viola) and Joey Waronker (Drums, Percussion).

Streamed on Qobuz (48/24)… while doing some afternoon exercises I gave a listen another album from Regina and she and the band sounded sublime!

4 Likes

Thanks! Great prompt to play one of Neil’s artists:

biosphere - dropsonde - 2006

3 Likes

Now playing…

Beth Orton - Weather Alive

Beth Orton (Electronics, Keyboards, Loop, MIDI, Percussion, Piano, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Aaron Roche (Trombone), Sam Beste (Piano, Vibraphone), Stuart Bogie (Saxophone), Jesse Chandler (Flute, Mellotron, Synthesizer, Vocals), Alabaster DePlume (Saxophone|), Ali Friend (Double Bass), Tom Herbert (Bass), Shahzad Ismaily (Bass, Drums, Electric Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboard Bass, Moog Synthesizer, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer), Grey McMurray (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Dustin O’Halloran (Synthesizer), Francine Perry (Matrix 12, Modular Moog, Prophet Synthesizer, Roland Synthesizer, Space Echo Guitar, Synthesizer), Tom Skinner (Drum Loop, Drums) and Chris Vatalaro (Bass, Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Beth and her fine group of musicians working with her and they are sounding sublime!

10 Likes

Ella Swings Brightly With Nelson.

13 Likes

Starting my day with a fav from a few years back, Bruce Springsteen Western Stars

23 Likes

Now playing…

Anna Tivel - Outsiders

Anna Tivel (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Ben Lester (Tack Piano), Courtney Hartman (Electric Guitar) Jeremy Boettcher (Bass) and Shane Leonard (Drums, Percussion, Hammond S6).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Anna’s latest album released in August 2022 and she and the band are sounding sublime!

4 Likes

Sting Soul Cages

17 Likes