What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Hi @johnt, how long have you had the Attessa TT?
I considered a Roksan TT when I had my K3 amps, but went LP12 and then switched to Naim for Amplification. As always, just wondering about the road not taken… :thinking:

I was looking to get back into vinyl after 40 odd years. So to test the water I decided on a mid priced deck. After reading many reviews and listening to a few, I decided on the Attessa which also has a built in phono stage, this saved me some money :star_struck:. Luckily a dealer put a brand new one on eBay, about 6 months ago and I put the winning bid in of £640, which is a nice £400 discount. To say I am happy with the deck is an understatement, except it has cost me a fortune starting a vinyl collection. I love the sound of my NDX2 but the Attessa gives me a different presentation of the music and surprisingly for the low cost it isn’t that outclassed by the NDX2, and the bonus is a TT keeps you fit :joy:

11 Likes

Donald Fagen Sunken Condos / 2012 Reprise / Japan CD / WPCR14718

Arrived this morning, first play - another big smile inducing DF recording.

Try not to worry
What tomorrow may bring
I’m just gonna do my best to
Hold onto that slinky thing

9 Likes

I made a mistake selling the largest part of my vinyl records years ago and after a while i stopped listening to music. The CD5x i had and the CDx2 i have are great players but digital makes me “nervous”.
I posted the cover of a Supremes album i bought some weeks ago. The record is great but i really can’t stand the CD.
Not a matter of fashion but, having the choice, between a used LP and a new CD i take the first.
Enjoy your new TT!

4 Likes

On vinyl: some early Steve Earle, with his Guitar Town record.

10 Likes

Blue Note Re:imagined II / 2022 Blue Note / Germany CD / 4563667

2 Likes

1 Like

I’ve always had a soft spot for these two Brit-pop era records from Gene. Quite a while since I last listened to them, but I thoroughly enjoyed re-acquainting myself with them.

2 Likes

Tracey Thorn, on vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :sunglasses:

9 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

17 Likes

This is another memory lane trip for me.
My mum and I bought this album when it came out (she paid :upside_down_face:).
I still have it, haven’t played it in years.

17 Likes

On vinyl… :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes:

10 Likes

Everything but the girl like the deserts miss the rain / 2002 Virgin / EU CD / 72435421626

13 Likes

Led Zeppelin lV, listening to the George Marino master which is very crankable!

35 Likes

One of my favourite singles from the 80s.
Scritti Politti with Ranking Ann

The Word Girl/Flesh & Blood

6 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

4 Likes

@Gianluigi a couple of years ago I was poncing around the Fopp record shop in London and who should be standing in the next row but Lawrence (Mr Felt himself) looking just like you’d expect him to look (not unlike the pic below).

For once I didn’t have anything to say so I just gave him the nod that showed him that I knew that he knew that I knew who he was. Probably thought damn fool. But nice to tick a box that I was close up to a musical genius.

5 Likes

I was once shopping in HMV next to Kate Bush…

5 Likes