What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

This appeared here yesterday and thought I’d give it a run, albeit on Qobuz off the Media Room system rather than the Vinyl. Still brought back many memories…
0B2A627B-3A1A-4720-B45A-E7A9EFB97C69
My thanks to @apye for the post that led to this play :blush:

14 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

4 Likes

Always interested in anything new from Courtney Pine…

Courtney Pine - Spirituality (Destin E)

The title had me thinking ooh he’s gone a bit Pharoah Sanders for this one. Its actually a follow on from Songs (The Ballad Book) with pianist Zoe Rahman and on some tracks a string quartet. Interpreting vintage songs like All Through The Night, Blue Moon, Motherless Child etc along with original pieces like Your Majesty and the title track.

A nice chilled reflective vibe pervades

:heart:

1 Like

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

5 Likes

Not sure I saw that. I’ll try and find it.

Ha, Just seen it. He does give it some!!

1 Like

Here you go - once seen, never forgotten!

2 Likes

While I’m at it. 1994 CD. I think his best album.

Roachford_permanent_shade_of_blue

1 Like

Listening back, I have to say I think of the two albums Song is the better

Looking out at slate grey skies, mostly bare trees and the very last embers of the sun today.

Enjoying this particular aspect of our culture, as I do in Advent each year. Trees are up, cards soon to be written, family plans mostly made, no train travel now on the agenda!

4 Likes

Tori Amos - Boys for Pele

Brilliant stuff and the title is poignant with Pele in hospital.

Phil

9 Likes

Thanks for this early Christmas present @TheKevster never heard of it before. Perhaps unsurprisingly very Ornettey. Provides rather a good soundtrack to Maroc Spain too. An excellent package with a super pressing and glossy photo booklet to boot.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Cassandra Jenkins - An Overview on Phenomenal Nature

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I took this out for a spin yesterday and enjoyed Cassandra and the music quite a bit so kicking off this Tuesday morning and Cassandra and the band is sounding sublime! …one lovely album.

6 Likes

2 Likes

New album from Protoje (Qobuz HR)

Yes AndyP I have both but MBF first is badly scratched and spoils the pleasure of a listen however, I must say I much prefer their second offering.
As you rightly point out - just like CSN - even some of the songs could have been from the CSN catalogue.

1 Like

Today listening to KJazz (Long Beach, USA) Internet radio all day, both before and between the footie.
Another day, another jazz station.

5 Likes

From CD ripped to NS01.

3 Likes

Leftfield! “This is what we do”

Why? Because they’ve been away for a while and it’s good that they’re back.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Regina Spector - 11:11

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Tuesday morning with this 33 track album from Regina and she is sounding sublime! …on my fifth day staying indoors with a respiratory ailment and going a bit stir crazy so going for a long playing album with my feet up in the easy chair. Life is sweet and so is the music…

3 Likes