What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

David Sylvian, Blemish. One of his very finest albums:

8 Likes

Another classic Charles Lloyd album.

Just listening I thought boy who is that on piano and then looked at the sleeve and musicians and it’s Keithy baby doing his stuff.

5 Likes

One of my faves of the year. It’s Misadventures of Doomscroller by Dawes

It’s produced by Jonathan Wilson, which, at Bhoyo Towers, is always a guarantee of quality. A strong Steely Dan vibe to some of the songs, if you like that sort of thing. I do.

8 Likes

Ooooh that is a good call - top of my buying list tomorrow just listening to that guitar tone on the track Everything is permanent. Plus the mention of Jonathan Wilson - thank you.

2 Likes

Ellington/Basie - First Time! The Count Meets the Duke.

6 Likes

Wonderful voice.

2 Likes

Matt Berninger - Serpentine Prison (Deluxe Edition).

Had no idea a deluxe version had been issued last year - 6 extra tracks, 4 of them are covers and 2 originals. Excellent.

@Pete_the_painter - I know you loved the original album - you might enjoy the extra tracks.

12 Likes

I’ve noticed it in Qobuz but so far haven’t hadn’t had a listen yet, might do later cheers.

1 Like

Choice inspired by watching Portugal in the world cup.

Who needs Roon. :grin:

1 Like

Who?

1 Like

To give The Dragon some exercise…

Imgur

9 Likes

Now playing…

DavidSylvian - Blemish

David Sylvian (Vocals), Derek Bailey (Guitar) and Christian Fennesz (Electronics).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @TheKevster had me place in the queue and now taking out or a spin… and David is sounding mighty fine!

10 Likes
2 Likes

Bowie Divine Symmetry, I’m always suspicious of these types of releases.

8 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones Pirates

15 Likes

Neil Young’s classic Harvest, this remixed hi res (Qobuz) 196/24 certainly sounds better than my old cd.

28 Likes

Phosphorescent Here’s to Taking it Easy

5 Likes

The Stars Land of Fortune, great Aussie band from the 70/80s.

Taylor Swift - 2020 Folklore

It was my daughter that took me to Taylor Swift. As someone said here, it’s art and there shouldn’t be a generation barrier. First CD of today and feeling good and lucky.

7 Likes

Got their 2 albums - great Aussie band they were for sure