What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I just put a link for those from the north who might struggle to hear them. I love this album, Last of the Riverboats and Never Coming Back are just brilliant.

Sensational stuff

They released a reunion album a few years ago - it was a dud

Let sleeping dogs lie

Aren’t too many of them dead, sometimes it’s best to end on a high. Doobie Brothers are a perfect example the album the put last year was just (imo) rubbish.

I think only one ( died young of cancer)

Most of them live in Melbourne but last I heard the lead guitarist ( forget his name ) was living in Ballina

Yes, agree Pete. Worth playing from time to time though.

2 Likes

Why this is an essential listen for all Bowie fans. The price may be a deterrent in buying but worth it for the track Tired of Life.

1 Like

I downloaded it, & whilst missing the book I’m certainly pleased I didn’t fork out £120 for it.

2 Likes

Agreed great track. I didn’t get through it all but because it’s Bowie I’ll go back. It’s sometimes like looking through a master’s sketchbook there’s drawing that won’t meant to be seen.

Just annoying that they do this after most have bought the original. Lady Blackbird did the same.

1 Like

Emily Remler - East to Wes

Probably her most commercially successful album, justifiably so.

4 Likes

Laura Viers - Carbon Glacier.
Lovely album with some very interesting songs such as icebound stream

8 Likes

14 Likes

drone / ambient from Oophoi’s Umbra label.

Lovely box set of Steve Roach and Vidna Obmana. Mixture of ambient and sort of electronic tribal

2 Likes

Bill Callahan YTILAER

7 Likes

Great album I purchased the CD , might do the vinyl shortly

On CD:-

King Crimson - Live At The Orpheum Los Angeles 2014

6 Likes

I really like it but I still think Dream River is his best album so far.

There are excellent tracks on all his albums

I like this Bowie LP too. Contains 4 excellent tracks, a couple of duffers and a truly dreadful version of ‘God Only Knows.’ (His vocal on that sounds like my Bowie impersonation.)

‘Loving the Alien’ is a cracking way to kick off any album. (Also agree that the follow up LP ‘Never Let Me Down’ is poor.)

6 Likes