What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I’ll fight you.

Currently playing Joni’s Night Ride Home - one that nearly got away.

14 Likes

On leaving work Friday past there, I put the radio on for the drive home as I tend to do. As usual Radio 6 Music is on as my preferred choice as you regularly get to here fresh new bands and interesting stuff.

Well…. On this occasion the band that was on immediately caught my attention, so I eagerly waited for the track to finish so I could find out who they were, however they went straight on to another song. As it turned out it was a live session for R6M by a young new band from Leeds called Yard Act.

I was so captivated by their session that the 30-40 minute drive was… well I don’t know where it went because before I knew it I was driving up to my house!

So impressed was I that I ordered their album, Overload. So impressed in fact that I ordered this Assai Obi signed by the band version, limited 300 pressings.

Don’t you just love music!

8 Likes

@Martin.M , now that’s how you do it! Oh, and yes, I certainly do love music :grin: :notes:

2 Likes

Paul ‘Gazza’ Gascoigne and Lindisfarne - Fog on the Tyne - 1990

Dedicated to anyone who is missing ‘the beautiful game’ for two days :joy:

3 Likes

@Anonymoot , love it! :joy:

1 Like

Available today via website

6 Likes

Prince - 3121.

8 Likes

Go on then.

WAV 24/96000

25 Likes

Just giving it another spin and I think you could be right.

1 Like

Very nice……one i had missed.

23 Likes

The Rolling Stones - El Mocambo 1977.

12 Likes

Some bluesy guitar infused folk to kick off the afternoon by the Smoke Fairies

1 Like

Led Zeppelin - Any Port in a Storm

Better sound than most bootlegs, this is possibly a better example of LZ in concert than some of the official live albums, since it’s an unrefined, warts and all recording.

8 Likes

Now playing…

David Sylvian - gone to earth

David Sylvian (lead vocals, keyboards, electronics), Robert Fripp (guitar), Steve Jansen (drums), Phil Palmer (acoustic guitar), Ian Maidman (bass), Kenny Wheeler (flugelhorn), John Taylor (piano), Bill Nelson (guitar), Richard Barbieri (electronics), Harry Beckett (flugelhorn), Mel Collins (saxophone), B.J. Cole (pedal steel), Joseph Beuys (voice), John G. Bennett (voice) and Robert Graves (voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with David’s ‘Gone to Earth’ and the opening track ‘Taking The Veil’ is sounding sublime!

11 Likes

Still searching for this on vinyl - have missed the last few for sale:

2 Likes

Agree, beautiful sounding album.

1 Like

Hi! Is it good?

Dar Williams - End of The Summer

3 Likes

On CD:-

61LiATLjhQL._AC_1

Trembling Bells - Abandoned Love

515lkS9d3fL._AC_1