What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Only listened to it once whilst doing another activity and it sounded ok, not as hard hitting or desolate as the original.

1 Like

Jake Xerxes Fussell – Good and Green Again
CD rip|2022

9 Likes

That boy has done more in one year (2022) than most artists do in their lifetime.

A few weeks left of the year so time for him to release another two or three albums.

2 Likes

Beth Hart Band - - Immortal on CD, to fill in some back catalogue. This CD includes her vocal pyrotechnics on ‘Am I The One’. Beth in rock mode :grin:

4 Likes

Was playing some David Sylvian after seeing some of his solo stuff on here but just had to give this a spin. Always loved this and “Gentlemen”.

Is it my old ears or does this sound a touch muddy? Always felt it could have been better produced (ah what do I know!).

11 Likes

What a great album not a new band to me but one I hadn’t kept touch with.

Beautifully crafted songs with lovely instrumentation - Joke in there somewhere(outro) is such stunning.

Like albums used to be made - a rare find these days.

5 Likes

I really like this Stephen Malkmus album.

2 Likes

Ghost Riders in the Sky By The Spooky Men’s Chorale - Tooled Up album.

It’s that time of year so only one artist to play.

When he was making this album he took a few hours out to work on David Bowie’s Space Oddity album (appearing on Letter to Hermione, Occasional Dream and God Knows I’m Good)

1 Like

Good early album of hers. :+1:

Ray LaMontagne And The Pariah Dogs – God Willin’ & The Creek Don’t Rise
CD rip|2010

9 Likes

It’s now raining out there…

Ryan Adams - 2021 Big Colors

6 Likes

Have you heard this one

…Yep, and following now from c.2006:

Beth Hart – Leave The Light On, on CD.

3 Likes

Now playing…

David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive

David Sylvian (Acoustic Guitar, Organ, Piano, Piano Treatments, Synthesizer, Tapes, Treated Piano, Vocals), Mark Isham (Flugelhorn, Trumpet), Steve Jansen (Drums, Percussion), Phil Palmer (Acoustic Guitar, Slide Guitar), Ryuichi Sakamoto (Piano), Danny Thompson (Double Bass) and David Torn (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Guitar Loops).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another album from David and ‘Secrets Of The Beehive’ is one of my favorites… and David and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

12 Likes

Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body

Now playing…

Laura Veirs - Found Light

Laura Veirs (Beats, Electric Guitar, Field Recording, Finger Snaps, Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Steel String Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), Kate Stables (Vocals), Shahzad Ismaily (Bass, Beats, Bells, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Synthesizer, Drums, Piano), Aaron Roche (Trombone), Charlotte Greve (Alto Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute), Sam Amidon (Fiddle, Vocals), Karl Blau (Nylon String Guitar, Vocals), Dave Depper (Beats), Aaron Roche (Trombone, Trumpet, Guitar, Synth, Piano), and Indigo Street (Electric Guitar).

Streaming on. Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with this July 2022 album from Laura and she and the band are sounding mighty fine!

7 Likes

Santana - Santana.

17 Likes

After a day that I hope I will be able to forget just as soon as possible! Calexico, as a nice easy choice and were close to hand in the virtual library.

13 Likes

A bit too dark for a decent picture, but anyway …

The P8 is perfect for a return to Vinyl when I’m in the mood. Digital spoils you with not having to clean and flip every 15 minutes or so but vinyl on the P8 sure sounds good!

16 Likes