4 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival Cosmo’s Factory

15 Likes

Which album is this?
Is it the “Live at Red Rocks”?

Emmylou Harris and Mark Knopfler All The Roadrunning

19 Likes

Ese and the Vooduu People Up in Smoke.

@TheKevster had trouble finding a better image to post.

16 Likes

Can’t remember the last time I’ve played this, Kala Shaker K

10 Likes

Hi Paul nope. It was recorded at another venue.

It wasn’t bad but he murdered ‘who knows where the time goes’ (imho)

Don Cherry - Complete Communion

3 Likes

A new EP from Steve Gunn.

3 Likes

Absolutely spot on - lovely record.

1 Like

Cultural Roots - Hell A Go Pop (Tidal/Greensleeves)

Fine 1984 album backed by The Roots Radics produced by Junjo Lawes at Channel One with Soldgie Hamilton at the controls.
Have the original vinyl indoors (great sleeve art depicting Hell which doesnt come across on the Tidal image) but out streaming in the cab. With all the shenanigans in the news the track Thieves, Liars And Criminals sprang to mind

The digital stream has the advantage of extended mixes of Hell A Go Pop and Love Feeling (on the same riddim as John Holts Police In Helicopter)

:heart:

1 Like

Thought I detected a bit of grumpiness in response to my comment on Mikey Dread. Whatever it is hope today is a brighter day
Bless

1 Like

I would have given a “like” but he soiled his pants when he sold out and started doing butter adverts :joy:

I started my day with that one too.

1 Like

Late Night Tales - Bonobo

6 Likes

Some long overdue praise for the mighty Jackie Leven, terrific album, we have them all and there are an awful lot, so sad that he left us, he was still making music right up to the end. Miss his live shows a great raconteur!

3 Likes

John Mayall - The Sun Is Shining Down
At 88 JM is still making great Blues music.

9 Likes

John Holt - Police In Helicopter (Tidal/Greensleeves)

The late but very great John Holt’s classic '83 album with The Roots Radics at Channel One.

Includes the anthemic title track defending the Herb against a ridiculous Police operation at the time to search out and destroy ganja crops with the warning if you continue to burn up the herbs, were gonna burn down your cane fields

A change of direction in '83 for Mr Holt, well known for his pop/crossover hits and the series of Volts Of Holt albums, this one sees him in a more rootsy and militant vibe balanced with a few lovers style songs but with that slow and heavy Roots Radics and mixed by Soldgie sound.

3 Likes

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass ( 50th Anniversary ), listening to the demo and outtakes discs.

13 Likes