What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

BBC R3. Essential Classics The ‘playlister’ was wonderfully childlike and ethereal earlier.

2 Likes

What do you make of the remix? Overall I’m disappointed. For me, the bass has been pushed up far too much and most tracks sound ‘boomy’. On the plus side, you can hear the brilliant backing vocals on ‘The Ballad of Frankie Crisp (Let it Roll)’ which makes a great track even greater.

1 Like

I have enjoyed the remix very much, but on a strict track by track basis. For instance I think they have lost the majesty and massive sound stage on “My Sweet Lord” and it loses it’s impact. But as you say details on other tracks shine through. I have the same impressions with the Lennon and Beatles remixes and none can fully replace the originals, but are nice alternatives. I tend to agree with your comment re the pumped up bass. Were it not for the addition of IsoAcoustic Gaia feet to my speakers, which have controlled any bass issues I had, I am sure I too would think the remixes bass heavy.

1 Like

Moved on to

and now…

5 Likes

Waterson:Carthy - Common Tongue

RIP Norma

Just listen to that wonderful vocal harmony on the last track, Stars in My Crown. Brilliant.

6 Likes

Try Don Letts :+1:

2 Likes

419-qFezC2L.AC
The Free Story.

13 Likes

81R-3FaeK+L.AC_UY436_QL65

On CD, anyone have the AP vinyl, what is it like SQ wise?.. :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:

18 Likes

I’m looking at getting more of the Late Night Tales albums, probably one a month.

2 Likes

Eyes down focussed afternoon of work, with this sultry Miles masterpiece to block out any distractions.

13 Likes

I’ve got a Classic Records issue which is pretty good iirc

Jaimie Branch
Fly or Die II: bird dogs of paradise

Great music, beautifully recorded.

4 Likes

Heh…I’ve been considering buying the original UK Pye.

1 Like

Eric Gales - Crown

4 Likes

Probably a good way to go :+1:

Love this, ever since 1969.
It’s battered and proud.

9 Likes

Wareika Hill Sounds (Tidal/Honest Johns)

Wareika is in the hills above Kingston where Count Ossie had his legendary rasta camp and Nyabinghi Grounation sessions with the Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari and Cedric Im Brooks Light Of Saba.
Trombonist Calvin Cameron a member of both Mystic Revelation and Light Of Saba continues the tradition with his Wareika Sounds collective.
Powerful and spiritual Rastafarian Nyabhinghi drums, percussion and jazz with just a subtle touch of dub.

“I was born and grew up in D’Aguilar Town, eastern Kingston, at the foot of Wareika Hill. I came up playing with Tommy McCook’s Supersonics, and The Skatalites. I was the lead trombonist of Count Ossie’s Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari. My first instrumental to hit was ‘Lambs Bread Collie,’ which I recorded with The Light Of Saba. These are my new recordings, blazing grounation roots reggae.” – Calvin Cameron.
“This is 2007 dubwise roots reggae by Calvin Cameron from The Light Of Saba alongside his regular crew, and musicians like Deadly Headley Bennett, the original Saba drummers, and David Madden from the Black Ark – with a special appearance by Tony Allen, architect of Fela Kuti’s Afrobeat!”

:heart:

4 Likes

818xM1fDI-L.SS500
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Trilogy.

11 Likes

The SQ of these Freddy Bannister bootlegs is variable to put it mildly, but this is a pure nostalgia trip. The day LS blew away the Stones. My mate slept through the whole set. Strong drink and certain herbs may have been involved.

6 Likes

Colin Hay - Going Somewhere

5 Likes