What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Finally here after a short delay, Yoko Warzone

I know I’m biased, but…wow :heart:
In her 80s and she still cuts it. Power in simplicity.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin - HOLON

Nik Bärtsch (Piano), Sha (Bass Clarinet, Contrabass Clarinet, Alto Saxophone), Björn Meyer (Bass), Kaspar Rast (Drums) and Andi Pupato (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another album from Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin group and they are sounding sublime! Something nice as I start up today’s exercise routine… Live is sweet!

5 Likes

Moondog | The Stockholm 1981 Recordings | 2019
I saw @steviebee & @bruss nattering about Moondog earlier, that inspired me to play this one which, although brief (15 minutes) is interesting and something I haven’t played for quite a while. I might give his eponymous album a go later this evening.

3 Likes

Wasn’t me, honest! I shall now put it in the queue for a listen, thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Alfred Brendel Beethoven piano sonatas: The new digital recordings set from the late 90s
Op.101 followed by Andante favori

4 Likes

Drive-By Truckers - Southern Rock Opera (2001)

Time for some Truckers.
Better story-tellers than Enid Blyton.

13 Likes

:slight_smile: educated guess gone awry. I hope you like it.

1 Like

Throbbing Gristle | TG Now | 2004
As ever just wonderful Industrial stuff from the Gristle.

5 Likes

I think it already is :thinking:

:heart:

1 Like

Fancied listening to Book of Saturday and Exiles and then Easy Money. What the heck, might as well listen to the whole album.

11 Likes

Marcus Miller Renaissance / 2012 Concord / US CD / CJA3379402

5 Likes

The Free Story was a brilliant compilation and a no brainer to purchase on early cd which tied one over until acquiring the albums proper. You are correct, “Heartbreaker” was on the lp but ommitted from the cd due to time restrictions. We also still have our vinyl copy which was the numbered Canadian release with different artwork.

Free-The-Free-Story-double-album-on

7 Likes

St Germain - Boulevard The Complete Series

Sophie Zelmani -Sing And Dance

9 Likes

I booked to see her. With Zubin Mehta. But it was cancelled because of illness.
Very sad

LP - VP Music Group Inc 2010 : )

<<>>

Dennis Brown was born on this day in 1957

born on 1st February 1957 at the Victoria Jubilee Hospital in Kingston, Jamaica :jamaica:

Dennis Brown 1957-1999

8 Likes

Del Amitri - Fatal Mistakes, this latest offering did not grab me in the same way as their other albums, but it is slowly working it’s charms on me.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin - LLYRIA

Nik Bärtsch (Piano), Sha (Bass Clarinet, Alto Saxophone), Björn Meyer (Bass), Kaspar Rast (Drums) and Andi Pupato (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on with Nik while competing today’s exercise routine and he and the band are providing wonderful company and the music is sweet!

5 Likes

XWave radio. Internet only radio station.

Really good for finding obscure stuff and Tracks that were not mainstream from yesteryear.

Alessandro Marcello Oboe concerto in d minor. Albrecht Mayer.

Also talking about Vaughan Williams. We saw him a few years ago in the Darmstadt Stadtstheater as the soloist for the Vaughan Williams oboe concerto. Wonderful

1 Like

Miles Davis - Jack Johnson

14 Likes