What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

CD. Amazingly well recorded.

11 Likes

Busy breezy ole day so time to kick back with Margot’s dulcet tones (ok and the boys too) on Cooking vinyl er vinyl. Luvverly.

16 Likes

Used to have this on Vinyl. It had a live version of Heartbreaker on it, just found it on Youtube, not heard it in years. Think it is the same version. Brings back memories.

5 Likes

I wrote a few days about some other Zoot Sims albums. Here are two more streamed on Qobuz.
Zoot Sims - Passion Flower : Zoot Sims Plays Duke Ellington

Zoot Sims - Choice

I like his albums.

5 Likes

I’d always assumed with absolutely no foundation he was an NY Wild Man Fischer. After a quick search evidently not so - will go astreamin’ to discover more. Thx StevieB.

2 Likes

Eric Bibb - Dear America

7 Likes

1968 - The Moody Blues // In Search Of The Lost Chord

17 Likes

Fantastic album !

1 Like

An underrated Evans gem from 1974, on the soon-to-be-revitalised MPS label:

9 Likes

The Oscar Peterson Trio
Night Train + The Jazz Soul Of Oscar Peterson / 2012 Verve / Germany CD / 060075340118

15 Likes

You’re most welcome, BC.

Ah, “Merry Go Round”…I remember John Peel played WMF a few times. I stood entranced. Strangely (for me), I never did hunt down that album.

If you like Wild Man, have you heard Paralysed by The Legendary Stardust Cowboy? It’s, er…wild! One of my most treasured 45’s…

1 Like

Tom Jobim & Elis Regina

Elis & Tom

6 Likes

Herbie Hancock - Gershwin’s World (1998)

I have trouble liking Herbie Hancock but I like this album.
It features vocals by Joni Mitchell (tracks 3 & 10), and Stevie Wonder (track 5).

6 Likes

Bit of relaxing Kaki King while I do the housework.
It’s not her best album perhaps, but it is exceedingly pleasant. And I like her. A lot.

2 Likes

Just love the opening track where she has a right giggle at the end of it and what a voice.

1 Like

Now playing…

Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin - STOA

[Nik Bärtsch (Piano), Sha (Bass Clarinet, Contrabass Clarinet), Björn Meyer (Bass), Kaspar Rast (Drums) and Andi Pupato (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with Nik’s 2006 album release and he an the band are sounding sublime! Something very nice to ease into the day…

7 Likes

Willie Nelson, Band Of Brothers. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

4 Likes

Miles Davis Tutu / 2001 Warner Bros / Germany CD / 7599254909

13 Likes

Waterson:Carthy

7 Likes

Katie Henry - On My Way
CD|2022

Blues. Enjoying so far. I saw this album posted here a few weeks ago, may have been @johnt.

3 Likes