What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Amazing version of ‘Hey Joe’ and sublime trumpet & cornet playing by Ron Miles. The artist describes his music as ambient-blues, but I think this strays into prog-blues.

9 Likes

12 Likes

Kraftwerk Tour De France / 2003 EMI / EU CD / 5917082

12 Likes

After that Capaldi album, some Traffic seems fitting.:sunglasses:

10 Likes

New album due out this year sometime. No release date set yet.

1 Like

Man of the moment, Neil Young - Massey Hall 1971

This is not a CD that I have played much despite being a fan. But tonight is the first time that I have realised what a super and vivid concert recording this is. Not forgetting his performance, and the material.

It would be interesting to talk to someone who was actually there and see how they remembered it. Were they aware at the time about what a great gig it was? I suppose they would be at least seventy now.

4 Likes

51K1KM86VFL.AC
Paul McCartney - Choba B CCCP.

7 Likes

The Roches

If you go down to Hammond….

7 Likes

Their 77 tour to support this album was excellent. Reminds me that at one gig I was standing out the front of the hall handing out free tickets to pretty ladies and ended up dating one for a couple of years. She used to be a designer for Wallis. Those were the days.

3 Likes

Bloody great album. Another desert island disc for me.

1 Like

11 Likes

“U” - The Incredible String Band

10 Likes

Dusty In Memphis, with both stereo and mono mixes.

19 Likes

Around 1.00am, sixty-three years ago today, 3rd February 1959, a rock and roll star was killed when his plane crashed in a snow storm near Clear Lake, Iowa, after performing at the Clear Lake Ballroom with Ritchie Valens (who was 17) and the Big Bopper who were both also killed. He was 22 years old.
BUDDY HOLLY

Buddy Holly - Original Master Hits (from The Original Master Tapes)

16 Likes

ALISON’S BACK!!!

7 Likes

Queuing
The Crickets - The Chirping Crickets (1958)

Buddy Holly - Buddy Holly (1958)

Buddy made so many memorable tracks - I think “Think it Over” and “It’s So Easy” are my favourites.

12 Likes

A little bit of electronics

Courtesy of Mr Martin Gore!

Still wish Alan Wilder was in Depeche Mode - there’s something missing with him not there - am I right or wrong?

3 Likes

Right @SimonDC They were at their peak when Alan was with them.

Is that a one off collaboration, Kev? I like what I hear.
Edit:
I see the album is out 29 April.

Röyksopp Profound Mysteries tracklist:

1. (Nothing But) Ashes…
  2. The Ladder
  3. Impossible
  4. This Time, This Place…
  5. How The Flowers Grow
  6. If You Want Me
  7. There, Beyond The Trees
  8. Breathe
  9. The Mourning Sun
  10. Press «R»
1 Like

It’s like Pink Floyd without Roger Waters or Genesis without - this might be contentious - Steve Hackett! Something is missing! To me Alan brought the rhythm - the link between Martins lead keyboards and Fletch’s bass.

You need all the sections together - that’s my theory anyway!

2 Likes