<<>>

Felix Mendelssohn was born on this day in 1809

born 3rd February 1809 in Hamburg, Germany :de:

Jakob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy 1809-1847

10 Likes

And now their second best album

10 Likes

5 Likes

Philippe Saisse Valerian / 1988 Windham Hill Records / Japan Promo CD / D32Y5096

2 Likes

This is one of the best sounding records in my collection. Irrespective of what you think of Stings music.

1 Like

Katie Melua - Acoustic Album No, 8

12 Likes

Spirit - Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus, CD rip. First play of this and thoroughly enjoying it - one of this albums I just never got around to buying for some reason.

10 Likes

Keith Hudson - The Black Breast Has Produced Her Best Flesh Of My Skin Blood Of My Blood (Tidal/VP)

Brilliant re issue streaming in the cab but available however you like it…

First released in the UK by Tottenham-based Atra Records in 1974, The Black Breast Has Produced Her Best Flesh of My Skin Blood By Blood has long been considered one of the edgiest roots albums of the period and a must-have for serious reggae collectors. The album resulted in its creator, the sadly departed Keith Hudson, being dubbed “the dark prince of reggae”. Listening back to this welcome reissue, it’s easy to see why. For starters, the lyrical content is highly politically charged and righteous, while Hudson’s weighty musical arrangements are far more trippy, hazy and dimly lit than those found on most roots reggae records of the period. This edition also includes three additional tracks not found on the original release, plus exhaustive sleeve notes from Hudson biographer Vincent Ellis.
:heart:

3 Likes

Bobbie is just brilliant in every way, and so is this 2020 deluxe version of her fabulous Delta Sweete album from '68.

14 Likes

Back from a long, chill and (for some reason) muddy walk in the Suffolk wilds so in contemplative mood for a bit of spiritual/indo/North African jazz from Emanative
(Nick Woodmansey - son of Woody - and gang plus guests) with 2018s Earth. Forgotten just how ambitious and good this is. On chunky Jazzman vinyl.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Katie Henry - On My Way
First listen thanks @patk for the recommendation

4 Likes

Everything But The Girl Adapt Or Die / 2005 Virgin / EU CD / 0724356382428

8 Likes

Buddy Guy & Junior Wells - Alone & Acoustic

10 Likes