What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

71wM+FEZkYL.SS500
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack.

18 Likes

Thanks for the info’ Dread. I’m interested in your findings for my own possible future changes.

1 Like

The Lounge Lizards

Teo Macero produces and Peter Saville designed the sleeve - the band do the rest.

3 Likes

Jason Isbell - Southeastern. Excellent Americana.

13 Likes

folder

7 Likes

Not the HiRes special edition master version. That sounds weird.:scream_cat:

13 Likes

Bit of 'eadphone 'ackney E8 noise disco from
Throbbing Gristle - Heathen Earth

Dear old Genesis P…
I sometimes stop by their old place just to see if the mediaeval door studs are still there. They are.

4 Likes

To start the day…

Keb’ Mo’ - 2022 Good To Be…

13 Likes

18 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire Head To The Sky / 2004 Sony / Japan Promo CD / MHCP400

A gentle but funky start to a Monday, something to raise the spirits and soothe the soul.

9 Likes

Amos Lee gig from a couple of weeks back. Officially recorded.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Skull Snaps.

Funk/soul courtesy of Mr Bongo label. A sampler’s delight.
The cover couldn’t be less indicative of the music contained therein.

3 Likes

I think in your case the first consideration should be the Karousel bearing :+1:

Thanks Dread. Since (and a fair bit before) purchasing my LP12 I read countless articles and comments about the permutations of the upgrade path.

What’s your take on what a bearing upgrade would bring? In layman’s terms, please, if possible.

It significantly lowers the noise floor, allowing you to hear more into the music. It’s probably one of the most cost effective and profound upgrades yet to an LP12.

4 Likes

On CD:-

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

31 Likes

Hank Mobley No Room For Squares / 2000 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724352453924

Hank Mobley Tenor Saxophone
Lee Morgan, Donald Byrd Trumpet
Herbie Hancock, Andrew Hill Piano
Butch Warren, John Ore Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

13 Likes

I live and work quite near Moorgate Acoustics/Class A, so that upgrade path, amongst others, is possibly and worryingly(!) quite easily trodden!

Soutak - Aziza Brahim.

A very beautiful album melding traditional North African, Cuban, Spanish musics, with a very polished crossover production style - in a good way.

3 Likes