What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Btw @Charles64 you dont really need to read about “permutations” to the upgrade path. The heirachy is very clear and if your dealer is an authorised Linn dealer you should be ok. Most detractors of the LP12 are those who think they know better than Linn’s engineers and their years of R&D and have tried to do things their own way, not follow the correct heirachy or use questionable third party mods, then when that road leads to expensive dissapointment they slag off Linn. To some cynics the upgrade heirachy can perhaps seem a bit cultish, stray from the path and feel the wrath of those weirdo Linnies!. Fact is the upgrade heirachy is founded on sound engineering principles.
The Karousel is the starting point for an older LP12 assuming everything else is as it should, in fact its standard on all new LP12’s.
Then sub chassis, Kore or Keel
Then power supply, I’m not familiar with the Hercules but I do know it was introduced a long long time ago at a time when Linn were still using the Valhalla board but technology has moved a long way since, Linn have developed the Lingo & Radikal power supplies or Naim’s Armageddon

Then Tone arm
Then cartridge

It really is that simple & straightforward

:heart:

4 Likes

Paul Desmond Take Ten / 2010 Columbia / EU CD / 88697694582

Paul Desmond Alto Saxophone
Eugene Wright, Gene Cherico, George Duvivier Bass
Jim Hall Guitar
Connie Kay Drums

6 Likes

That’s good I’ve had Darran service stuff for me. Dont worry about the upgrade path if your happy, it is of course optional, but if you do want to start improving it it’s the way to go.
I edited my post above to avoid confusion, I had placed the power supply next after the bearing as I cant know how your Hercules is, normally the sub chassis would follow the bearing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the thoughts and info’

I will be going down the path. Sooner than later!

1 Like

Neil Young. Freedom.
Not played cd for long time although it’s one of my favourites. 1989

22 Likes

Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell

I hadn’t played this for decades, but was reminded to play it last month after his death. That time I played it from Qobuz, but I’m now playing my original vinyl issue. I just found the receipt inside the sleeve - it was £3.49 from HMV Bristol. Although I’m not a big fan of the title track, the album contains some classic songs. I’d go so far as to say they’re all classic.

17 Likes

David Sanborn As We Speak / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28070

David Sanborn Saxophone
Bob Mintzer Bass Clarinet
Marcus Miller Bass
Michael Sembello, Buzzy Feiten Guitar
Don Freeman, George Duke Keyboards
Michael Sembello Vocals
Paulinho Da Costa Percussion
Omar Hakim Drums

9 Likes

Yes indeed!!

Laid back 70’s grooves with Khruangbin and their second album - Con Todo El Mundo

10 Likes

15 Likes

22 Likes

Lee Roy Parnell - Tell The Truth

2 Likes

Threshold - Sum Blues

5 Likes

Continuing from yesterday,another dose of Hall& Oates.

9 Likes

Theon Cross - Intra - I (Tidal/New Soil)

First listen to his new and second album. I thought Fyah is terrific, this one I’m not so sure. The rather repetitive beats, bits of noodly electronics and rap at first I found rather boring.
Forward Progression and Universal Alignment harnessed my attention though.
I get the concept and listening lo-fi stylee in my cab isnt very fair, maybe my view will improve when listening at home.

2 Likes

@Bobthebuilder :wink:

The Police Outlandos D’Amour

24 Likes

6 Likes

This is on my latest emailing from Juno, the title appealing to my puerile humour I had to check out the sound samples…

Unbelievably its sold out, bloody awful! :joy:

3 Likes

I used to watch Tortelier’s masterclass programmes on TV, absolutely enthralled…so when I was older and had money, I bought this.
Still captivates me…

9 Likes