What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

The War On Drugs - I Don’t Live Here Anymore

Latest CD. Stonkingly good.

… and it is a sunny morning and I have a flat white with oat.

12 Likes

Paul Simon - Graceland

33 Likes

10 Likes

The Guitar Trio

I haven’t played this for ages, certainly not since it’s been ripped to my NS01 server, which was in 2013. It’s certainly not as accessible as the Friday Night Live in SF album, but it is very good (as you might expect from these three). Great sound too. It really does deserve to be played more frequently.

11 Likes

71PwTS-+n5L.SS500

7 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen … … The Sensational … … Alex … … Harvey … … Band.

From the 5 Classic Albums series - the first five albums, Framed, Next, The Impossible Dream, Tomorrow Belongs To Me and Live.

Anyone fancy a wee bit of Alex and chums this afternoon?

Five albums for less than 12 squid?

Yer 'avin a larf.

21 Likes

Rumer - Nashville Tears
The Songs of Hugh Prestwood

8 Likes

A fabulous collaboration and wonderful recording. The width of the soundstage is extraordinary.

G

4 Likes

Brrrrr need warming up with some southern fung-kee rhythm and roll from Lowell and the boys on wobbly Warner vinyl. TBH not their very best, a bit of a mixed bag really. Should have gone for Dixie Chicken - next time.

16 Likes

I’m a bit of a Primus fan so its interesting for me to see Les Claypool team up with Sean Lennon (Yoko Onos and John Lennons lad) to create The Claypool Lennon Delirium.

However I have never been much of a fan for coloured vinyl and this is my only one!.. But you know it sounds ok.

4 Likes

Happy Mondays. Bummed.
Alphabetically chosen on the iPod.
Got this on vinyl and deluxe cd but haven’t played in over 10 years. Surprised because it’s pretty good.

4 Likes

2 x CD - Decca

<<>>

Happy 91st Birthday Alfred Brendel :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born on 5th January 1931 in Wizemberk, Czechoslovakia:
(Brendel later moved and became Austrian) :austria:

10 Likes

Katie Melua - Piece by Piece

14 Likes

I’m following @ewemon by playing Beverly’s superb album from 1958. A tragic life, and such a talented singer too.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Currently listening to this sublime album from Donny Hathaway, played from an iTunes rip of my CD version via headphones off my MacBook pro and recently purchased AQ Cobalt.

Now, please Speakers Corner, could you reissue this one on vinyl along with Donny’s self-titled second album (and ask Kevin Gray to cut them like he did with the wonderful recent Everything is Everything Reissue). Please…

17 Likes

I think that the syncopated clapping by the audience at the start of The Ghetto is one of my favourite bits of a live recording

1 Like

The Flying Burrito Brothers - The Gilded Palace of Sin

13 Likes

After Beverly Kenney, another great, underrated jazz diva – Chris Connor and her best-known album.

3 Likes

Some mellow Doobies sounding very nice on Qobuz in hires. Better than my old cd rip.

G

10 Likes