What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

The third LP by Donald Byrd on Blue Note written and produced by Jazz Funk Pioneers Larry and Fonce Mizell the first Black Byrd was one of Blue Note’s biggest selling records of all time.

I’m just going through the Mizell Brothers catalogue Bobbi Humphrey, The Miracles and the self titled lp by Elaine Brown arranged by Horace Tapscott and featuring The Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra who would together both later record for Nimbus West.

11 Likes

Mmm, I await, masochistally, the next instalment of Australian supremacy.

My sister, a resident of Brisbane these past twenty years, is enjoying her acquired nationality, much to my annoyance!

1 Like

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Ashes and Roses

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar), Eric Darken (Cajon, Bass Drums, Glockenspiel, Percussion, Shaker), Kim Keys (Vocals), Russ Kunkel (Drums, Percussion, Shaker, Tambourine), Duke Levine (Electric Guitar, Resonator Guitar, Mandocello, Mandolin), Mac McAnally (Vocals), Matt Rollings (Accordion, Hammond B3, Harmonium, Piano), James Taylor (Acoustic Guitar, Harmony, Vocals) and Glenn Worf (Bass, Upright Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… completed today’s exercise routine and sitting down with a cup of coffee and sandwich and taking Mary’s ‘Ashes and Roses’ out for a spin and she and the band are sounding simply marvelous! One very fine album…

12 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones Pirates

21 Likes

I often wonder that in hindsight it might have been smarter to leave the convicts in the UK and the free citizens to have jumped on the first fleet. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Roll on the 19th…cannot wait to see Ese and The Vooduu People again. A happy new year indeed!

Playing this on 'phones, Sheena’s dancing in my head…

Talking of which, I really must get that Ornette album on the deck later, lol.

13 Likes

Carly Simon, followed @igahman’s lead and played no secrets. Now her self titled debut album back in 1971. Can’t believe this album is more than 50 years old.

10 Likes

Ayo, Royal. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Bob Seger’s Greatest Hits

14 Likes

5 Likes

Continuing on my jazz theme.

14 Likes

You’d be happy to know it’s 6pm and the humidity has dropped to 83%. :grin:

1 Like

Imelda May Mayhem

9 Likes

Likewise thanks for the George Benson - The Uptown
Fair trade! :+1:

1 Like

:heart:

4 Likes

Phosphorescent Here’s to Taking it Easy.

7 Likes

Did you used to (or still do) drive a Cortina or Capri with furry dice and dashboard?
:wink:

My last for the night, an album that featured a few weeks ago The Morning of the Earth soundtrack. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lael Neale - Acquainted with Night
Fiver with the Atlantic School of spontaneous composition

Thanks to @AndyP for above recommendations. My favourite of the two is Lael Neale a beautiful album.

Mankunku Quartet - Yakhal Inkomo
Fantastic South African Jazz release from Mr. Bongo. It is half speed mastered so probably from a digital file copy of the original tape but nonetheless sounds very good but not as good as the Tone Poets but its only £20. Highly recommended.

Dexter Gordon - Daddy Plays The Horn (Pure Pleasure Bethlehem) reissue. Sounds wonderful. Excellent pressing.

4 Likes

Cat Stevens. Teaser and the Firecat. 5 disc edition.
My present to Mrs. igahman. Cd 2 . Demos alternate takes and bonus tracks.
Well presented box.

18 Likes