What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

First up this evening….

My personal favourite Kraftwerk album….which probably puts me in a minority!

17 Likes

A wonderful solo album from Jon Surman, on which he plays sax, clarinet and keyboards. Slow, mellow and utterly captivating.

4 Likes

Plenty of Kraftwerk and Neu! fans around here. I need to give that one a play soon.

3 Likes

Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain

This album has still got all the amazing impact I remember when I bought it from Oxfam as my first exciting venture into the Utopia of Goldfrapp about four years ago.

Phil

16 Likes

Only seen them once live back in the 80’s - not sure about seeing them now - too many “old” members gone and as much as I love their music, it all looks a little too slick to be live - if that makes sense?

2 Likes

71mtDJzuxbL.SS500
The Saw Doctors - If This Is Rock And Roll, I Want My Old Job Back, Galway’s finest.

9 Likes

Next - a toss up between this and ‘Songs Of Faith And Devotion’ for top DM spot?

12 Likes

HH - I could not find the Jakob’s three albums, Balladeering, Time, & December Song in the US so I ended up ordering directly from the distributor in Denmark. Pricey but worth every penny…

Now Playing…

Jakob Bro - Balladeering

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Bill Frisell (Guitar) Paul Motion (Drums), Leen Konitz (Alto Saxophone) and Ben Street (Bass).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Jakob and this fantastic quintet and they are sounding sublime! One sweet album…

3 Likes

Ayo, Royal. Really feel like playing this after Bob Marley. Love it. :relaxed:

8 Likes

Dory Previn - Mythical Kings and Iguanas

So good Dory Previn turn her up to eleven.

10 Likes

Beautiful album that.

2 Likes

Sometimes you don’t want sophisticated, you just wanna rock :joy::joy:

11 Likes

718swUN8g8L.SS500
Imelda May - Love Tattoo, her debut.

14 Likes

Miles Davis Quintet - Miles Smiles
Hybrid SACD

Mobile Fidelity release, listening to CD layer.

15 Likes

I bought this at the height of Britpop, when a CD was still a relatively expensive purchase - stands the test of time a little better than many of the CDs of the time I’m glad I didn’t buy.

.sjb

2 Likes

JB Hutto an unreleased album.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Recording of an official intimate small live gig from late last year.

6 Likes

Pat Metheny Group Travels / ECM / Germany CD x 2 / ECM1252/53

18 Likes

Lady Blackbird, black acid soul. Joining @ewemon with some Lady Blackbird magic. :blush:

17 Likes