What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Solo piano from a Japanese master, on CD. Beautiful.

5 Likes

Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power

Bowie Mix

James Williamson’s guitar tone is like a razor.

14 Likes

The Beach Boys |Wild Honey | 1967
One of the shortest “LPs” of all time running to just 24 minutes, it’s fun to get out once in while.

9 Likes

Must have, oh, 15 or so Metheny ECM LPs. This is one of favourites though.

8 Likes

Surfs Up | 1971
Another one from the Boys, one of my favourites sounding great from this Analogue Productions label rip.

19 Likes

It’s dark, cold and wet outside…

Marcin Wacilewski Trio - 2014 Spark of Life

4 Likes

Peter Gabriel, So. :relaxed:

26 Likes

First play of two new acquisitions, spotted amongst the tat in a local charity shop

Paul Carrack - One Good Reason, a late '80’s Canadian import, and

71WAZir5jHL.SY355
The Carrack Collection, a U.S. import comprising stuff from Ace, Squeeze, Mike & The Mechanics and lesser known solo material.

5 Likes

23 Likes

Spell of fabulous sounding albums being posted up today. Ray of Light, Synchronicity, and now this one. Great stuff :grinning:

1 Like

A cracking album from Alan Jackson.

6 Likes

Spirit | The Twelve Dreams of Doctor Sardonicus | 1970
Californian rock with a squeeze of psyche from a very good old band.

19 Likes

17 Likes

Discs 3 and 4 of the 2014 version of this classic Dame compilation:

16 Likes

From 1971 Brit jazz rockers IF with IF 3

6 Likes

Now Playing…

Alan Jackson - Where Have You Gone

Alan Jackson (Guitar, Vocals), Roy Agee (Trombone, Vocals), Eddie Bayers (Drums), Vincent Ciesielski (Trumpet, Vocals), J.T. Corenflos (Electric Guitar), Stuart Duncan (Fiddle, Mandolin), Robbie Flint (Dobro), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), Brad Guin (Saxophone, Vocals), Tania Hancheroff (Vocals), Travis Humbert (Vocals), John Kelton (Bass, Vocals), Brent Mason (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Gut String Guitar), Rob McNelley (Electric Guitar), Alecia Nugent (Vocals), Dave Pomeroy (Bass), Gary Prim (Hammond B3, Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), John Wesley Ryles (Vocals), Scotty Sanders (Dobro, Steel Guitar), Sammy Shelor (Banjo), Keith Stegall (Gut String Guitar, Hammond B3, Hand Drums, Organ, Piano, Vocals), Bruce Watkins (Acoustic Guitar) and Glenn Worf (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @pcd above had me reach for this recent release from Alan, May 2021, and he and the band are sounding sweet!

4 Likes

The Incredible string band. Changing horses.
Did I mention this is my favourite band.

15 Likes

Bob Marley and The Wailers, legend - the best of Bob Marley & The Wailers. :relaxed:

25 Likes

Following the incredible Aftermath album they became experimental during 1967 psychedelic era with this and the follow up Satanic majesties request.
They actually grow on you so don’t give up on them.
The next batch of releases went to another level.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Great album and can’t believe how good the sound is from Red Book CD.

Exodus the same too.

1 Like