What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Thanks for sharing!

Patti Austin, the best of. Great reminder! Thank you @Collywobbles. :+1:

4 Likes

81AlfPi190L.SS500
Humble Pie - Performance: Rockin’ The Fillmore.

10 Likes

Rumer, Nashville tears. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Rare on the Air Vol 1 Various Artists

5 Likes

No worries - it’s not their most well known album - apparently they didn’t like it much and re-made it - there’s a couple of versions - the original then it was remastered and a new track was added - then of course there was the “live” 3D version which was really another remix and it’s very difficult to tell it’s live! But I like it - and that’s what matters!

1 Like

Super jazz album from Ginger Baker - Coward of the County

7 Likes

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing.

Hadn’t heard it for a while and Roon just picked up a track from it. So decided to listen to the whole album.

14 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard - Movements in Colour

Andy Sheppard (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), John Parricelli (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Arild Andersen (Double-Bass, Electronics) and Kuljit Bhamra (Tabla, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… caught up in some chores and correspondence and n now taking a break with coffee and an apple and taking Andy and his fabulous quintet out for a spin and they are sounding sublime! I do love this album…

10 Likes

71WcYnej7JL.SS500
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited.

26 Likes

Simon, that’s what I love about this thread. Where we can
learn and teach about our passion for music.

But why Alan, why? :rofl::sunglasses:

1 Like

Gary Burton / Chick Corea Crystal Silence

13 Likes

Because I only have one Bob Dylan album

only joking :sunglasses:

1 Like

Gong - ‘Gazeuse’ (1976). This is a terrific instrumental jazz fusion record with a percussive edge and the vibraphone in evidence. The history of Gong is complex but this is effectively the first album by Pierre Moerlen’s Gong which took a much more jazz orientated direction quite different to the earlier work by the band. The previous outing was the transitional album ‘Shamal’ which did have some jazz rock overtones but this was even more established on ‘Gazuese’. Particular favourites are ‘Night Illusion’ and ‘Percolations’ Parts I and II. I find the start of ‘Percolations’ Part I is very effective when the system is singing! Great cover too, which typifies the spirit of the music here!

6 Likes

<<>>

Happy Birthday Yoko!

born 18th February 1933 in Tokyo, Japan :jp:

18 Likes

From the release of the new Son House album produced by Dan Auerbach.

7 Likes

A couple of trax due out 1st April

1 Like

Tool | Lateralus

9 Likes

Daryl Hall / John Oates - Abandoned Luncheonette

20 Likes