What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan/Michael Brook

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (Vocals), Fabian Alsultany (Fender Rhodes, Synthesizer), Sheela Bringi (Bansuri), Edwin Itoh (Acoustic Guitar), Matt Mars (Guitar), Bekay Mobtu (Bass, Guitar), Nawab Wajid Ali Shah (Poetry), Jatinder Verma (Readings) and Sam Zaman (Bass, Ektara).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s ‘Star Rise’ album mentioned above by @Charles64 and enjoying the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album…

6 Likes

Trailer for the new Buz Luhrmann Elvis Presley film

3 Likes

Puscifer | Conditions of My Parole | 2011
Yet another of Maynard James Keenan’s projects when he is away from Tool. Great innovative art/prog/rock 'metal. I luv everything that MJK has created in all his musical guises.

2 Likes

Robert Johnson’s step son

8 Likes

Miles In The Sky - Miles Davis and crew.

12 Likes

Pet Shop Boys - DISCO

10 Likes

15 Likes

I Don’t have this, is it a boot @Shaunio?

No it is a genuine release you can get from that “South American River Company”!! as well as others.

Nice one, thanks.

Red wine and Heinz Beans tonight…

14 Likes

Now the elements have calmed somewhat joining @Charles64 in chilling with some classic quintet Miles - my favourite ESP. Cool cover too with the ever lovely Frances prominent. CBS vinyl.

14 Likes

Circus. Self titled.
Some albums get lost in the fog of time so thanks to @AndyP for this excellent prog/pop from 1969.
Includes interesting version of Norwegian wood or as I like to call it 4th time around.

Apple Music

4 Likes

Now playing…

Ethan Iverson - Every Note Is True

Ethan Iverson (Piano, Vocals), Larry Grenadier (Bass), and Jack DeJohnette (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (`192/24)… a new album released on February 10th and the trio is sounding sublime! …just wonderful to listen to Jack still playing the drums and recording at age 79… 70’s are the new 50’s…

9 Likes

Roger Daltrey - As Long As I Have You, released in '18 finds Rog still in fine form.

12 Likes

This is not a good combination for the palate :wine_glass: :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

2 x CD - [ AAD ] BGO Recordings 2016 : )

<<>>

Something’s Coming!: (1964)

1. On Green Dolphin Street
  2. Melanie
  3. Careful
  4. Six Improvisatory Sketches
  5. Something’s Coming
  6. Little Girl Blue
  7. Summertime

The Groovy Sound Of Music: (1965)

1. Climb Ev´ry Mountain
  2. Maria
  3. An Ordinary Couple
  4. My Favorite Things
  5. Sixteen Going On Seventeen
  6. Do-Re-Mi
  7. Edelweiss
  8. The Sound Of Music

The Time Machine: (1966)

1. The Sunset Bell
  2. Six-Nix, Quix, Flix
  3. Interim I
  4. Chega De Saudade (No More Blues)
  5. Childhood
  6. Deluge
  7. Norwegian Wood
  8. Interim II
  9. Falling Grace
  10. My Funny Valentine

<<>>

11 Likes

Goldfrapp, the singles. Good morning from down under. Feel like starting today with this. :relaxed:

13 Likes

Lucy Ward, Adelphi has to fly. Don’t know Lucy Ward but promised myself to try, starting with her debut album. So far so good. Thank you @HappyListener. :+1:

4 Likes

Tania Maria Come With Me / 2003 Concord / US Hybrid SACD / SACD10006

3 Likes