What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Kit Downes - Vermillion

Kit Downes (Piano), Petter Eldh (Double Bass) and James Maddren (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… another new release from February 11th from Kit Downs and his talented trio and they are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

Beautiful compositions but the audio on my system is awful, especially tracks 4 and 5… I’m hearing knocking and a whooshing noise in the background.
Listening on Qobuz, but same on Spottybum.
Anyone else hear it?

15 Likes

A brief follow up to an earlier post.

During their week long visit to Toronto in May 1985, Tears for Fears filmed their video for ‘Head Over Heels’ at Emmanuel College, University of Toronto. I have a soft spot for this video - I was a graduate student at UofT many moons ago and spent a lot of time in this wonderful library (sans chimp).

6 Likes

It is what is termed as a grey market disc. It was taken from a boot which I have had for over 40 years

The fantastic 1970 album Washington Suite by the Lloyd McNeil Quartet.

Wonderful feel to this. Leans heavily on the spiritual moods-cape

4 Likes

Eagles - The Long Run.

21 Likes

19 Likes

Not heard this one in a long time - stuck it on the turntable this evening, Side 1 is fab.

8 Likes

The prophesies of Leonard as evinced on I’m Your Man.

16 Likes

Lucy Ward, pretty warnings. Enjoyed her debut album so much I am continuing with LW. A little impatient because there are a few things to do today. so jumped straight to her latest (2018) album.

3 Likes

The Final Cut, with an Old Fashioned chaser. Love this album.

16 Likes

First album I ever bought, top drawer.

1 Like

4 Likes

Brand X - ‘Masques’ (1978). This was a real return to form. I found their their previous studio album, Moroccan Roll, slightly patchy, with some real classics (Malaga Virgin, Disco Suicide) and some much weaker tracks (Sun in the Night) and I wondered if Brand X were loosing that consistent drive and invention they showed in their first album (Unorthodox Behaviour) and in the wonderful BBC sessions released on ‘Missing Period’. When ‘Masques’ came out in late 1978, there were significant personnel changes but here was a strong instrumental album with purpose and some lovely touches. ‘The Ghost of Mayfield Lodge’ is one of my top Brand X tracks. After ‘Masques’, sadly things went downhill in my view but it was great while it lasted.

4 Likes

Harnoncourt /COE - Schubert Symphonies - Tidal 16/44
Harnoncourt’s rapid tempi don’t stop him getting the COE to drag out the emotion in these works, it’s powerful and beautiful music making.

7 Likes

I’d never heard of this guy, but I’ve just given it a listen and it’s excellent. I’ve just read that in the 1970s he moved in the same circles as Big Star and listening to the album this is no surprise. Thanks for posting this @AndyP .

1 Like

Curtis - Curtis Mayfield.

19 Likes

B.B. King - Reflections, a latter day release with an excellent calibre of fellow musicians.

12 Likes

Out March 11th. This is so good I played it another couple of times.

3 Likes