What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

New Albert Cummings track album due out 9th April. Never ever thought he has made that killer album he is capable of producing maybe this is the one.

@krautnaimie Actually, I am a fan, but don’t have many SACD’s at all, the ones I do have are Hybrid discs, and my CDX2.2 (with XPSDR) does a wonderful job of decoding the CD layer.

5 Likes

Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin / 2003 Atlantic / Japan CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR11611

A not quite so gentle start to Saturday…

30 Likes

Entheogenic - Animism (2020)
Chill downtempo electronica with lots of acoustic touches… and more about melody than beats.

1 Like

If you could feed the DAC with an external source you could add a beloved player for small money. I still have a Denon DVD 3910 that plays DVD Audios and SACD. I could imagine that there are lot of such players on the market

1 Like

7 Likes

An album that never fails to impress me.

30 Likes

Miles Davis - ‘Miles Davis At Fillmore’ (1970). This live album continues Miles’ development of jazz fusion with a stellar cast. The material is tremendous live, combining purposeful tunes and terrific improvisation. In one concert the track is 3 minutes long, in the next one 10 minutes, nothing is ever the same twice! There are fusion era tracks (It’s About That Time) and terrific improvisory renditions of material from the pre-fusion era (I Fall in Love Too Easily), some lyrical, restful and searching, some with beat and energy, all mixed into one performance with no real breaks. Improvisation but with underlying structure and purpose. Groundbreaking. There have been lots of live recordings issued from this 1969-70 era in more recent years too. Great stuff.

10 Likes

On a miserable cold day, starting with this:

CD layer ripped to WAV. First listen.

First track, immediately like it! Got to say I love Elton John, especially his earlier albums.

Recording quality is excellent.

22 Likes

I see this referenced a lot. Must give it a listen one day. :thinking:

1 Like

Ooh, lovely :+1: :guitar: :drum: :musical_score:

1 Like

Hi Geoff, I take it you are using analogue out from CDX2.2 straight to Supernait 2?

From what I gather you are loving the sound produced :grin:

1 Like

Joining in the DF vibe this morning.
Sublime surround mix on this SACD version.

My Denon AV seems to prefer the DTS over the Dolby default setting for the 5.1 mix. The two channel on this particular disc sounds fuller too, compared to my CD version. That said, my well worn first UK press vinyl version is still my fave. Just like to hear the surround mix now and again.

The myriad percussive layers are astutely positioned predominantly in the rears, leaving DF and all those other many delicious sounds spread across the three front speakers.

23 Likes

Yes, SN2 / CDX2.2 / NAP250 DR / HiCap DR / XPS DR

17 Likes

Lovely, looks nice and balanced. :+1:

I thoroughly enjoyed my Supernait 2 for almost 6 years. Fantastic amplifier imo.

5 Likes

Randy Crawford Now We May Begin / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 81227957087

14 Likes

CD ripped to WAV queued up next.

23 Likes

5 Likes

Never tire of this great live set.

G

17 Likes

The Beatles - The Beatles, listening to a couple of cd I compiled of the alternative versions, in the order of the original album.

22 Likes