What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :grinning:

5 Likes

1969 - Delaney & Bonnie // Accept No Substitute

11 Likes

Just stunning, Ewe. :+1:

The Brian Setzer Orchestra - The Dirty Boogie

This will get you bouncing around the room.

A saucy duet with Gwen Stefani on You’re the Boss and some lovely film noir guitar on Hollywood Nocturne.

3 Likes

Great stuff but all this foot tapping won’t do my (broken) toe any good!:joy:

3 Likes

Miles Davis - ‘1969 Miles Festival De Juan Pins’ (1993). A cracking live recording from the start of the fusion era in 1969. The quality of the sound is very good for a live recording of the time. Here we have ‘new’ fusion tracks such as ‘Directions’ and ‘Miles Runs the Voodoo Down’ and older tracks given the fusion treatment such as ‘Milestones’ and ‘Footprints’. Just compare these with the originals from ‘Milestones’ (1958) and ‘Miles Smiles’ (1967)! Miles is joined by Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, Dave Holland and Jack DeJohnette for this. A real ‘who’s who’ of jazz fusion. This line-up set the standard for what followed!

5 Likes

I’m running through my Sarah McLachlan CDs. I started with one, then wondered how on earth I’d left that on the back burner for so long, and so I’ve put them all on. I was introduced to “Sarah Mac” by the Canadians (and one Kiwi) I met on a trip to the Upper Campbell Lake on Vancouver Island in Summer 1995, along with Loons on the lake at sunset, and Vancouver Island Brewery beers. I stocked up on her back catalogue at Lyle’s Place in Victoria before heading home (sadly not the beer). Since I bought them, I’ve added a CD with XPS, and gone active and the system opens them up beautifully. What a voice!

3 Likes

Journeys in Modern Jazz: Britain.

A lovely sounding 2LP comp from last year covering some great music 1965-1972.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Excellent record :ok_hand:

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

13 Likes

Mr. C getting a bit of an airing tonight I see Tony :+1:

1 Like

812xp4TILLL.SS500
Nitin Sawhney - Human, lovely mix of styles and genres.

5 Likes

Sky, sky 1. Still trying out new stuff. I mean stuff I haven’t tried before. :relaxed:

10 Likes

For anyone who is a tiny bit bored of DSoTM, there’s Live at the Cliffs of the River Rhine 1974 by Agitation Free.

Brilliant gig.

Only copy on Qobuz that I can find is trapped in the middle of the album below, starting with the track Through the Moods.

1 Like

The Mrs is out for the night so I’m spinning through this little lot.

Kolsch’s 1983 currently providing the beats at the moment…

6 Likes

First listen to the first new Midnight Oil album for a long time, Resist. So far I’m not quite sure seems to lack the power and odd textures of their classic albums. I’m only 3 tracks in, so it might change and it may take a few listens.

4 Likes

Eilen Jewell - Gypsy
CD|2019

6 Likes

(Probably) the best drummer in the universe, slowing it down and speeding it up so you can see how it works.

Glorious!

1 Like

Steely Dan, can’t buy a thrill. :relaxed:

20 Likes