What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Just for you, Alan. :wink:

9 Likes

The top is an e.p. is out at the moment and the second is an album that came out on the 6th Aug last year.

Seems I may have been fed false info from a friend in the US about a new album coming out as he has a huge tour starting March and finishing Oct so unless he releases something through his own site I don’t think it is going to happen. Humblest apologies.

UK tour dates for this year.

JUN/JUL 2022 SOLO ELECTRIC
Thu Jun 09 Brighton UK Concorde 2
Fri Jun 10 Southampton UK Engine Rooms
Sun Jun 12 Birmingham UK The Mill
Tue Jun 14 Oxford UK Oxford O2 Academy 2
Thu Jun 16 London UK Islington Assembly Hall
Fri Jun 17 Nottingham UK Rescue Rooms
Sat Jun 18 Stoke-on-Trent UK The Sugarmill
Mon Jun 20 Bristol UK Thekla
Wed Jun 22 Glasgow UK Oran Mor
Thu Jun 23 Newcastle UK Riverside
Fri Jun 24 Liverpool UK Arts Club
Sat Jun 25 Leeds UK Brudenell Social Club
Mon Jun 27 Chester UK The Live Rooms
Tue Jun 28 Cardiff UK The Globe
Thu Jun 30 Belfast UK Limelight 2
Fri Jul 01 Dublin IE Whelan’s

7 Likes

Yeah, but he seems to have misplaced his guitar on that one :grin:

1 Like

Love that Northern Exposure … saw them play it live in 1996. Best club night of all time for me. :smiley:

1 Like

Natalie Merchant ‎– Leave Your Sleep
2CD|2010

15 Likes

The Cure - Disintegration (1989)

Robert and Co were never my favourite ‘80’s band’… that honour would probably go to The Smiths, Tears For Fears, Talk Talk or The Blue Nile… getting a lot of stick for not rating The Cure more highly, so giving them another shot today to see what I’ve been missing :slight_smile: … right place to start?

13 Likes

Andrew Lloyd-Webber - ‘Variations’ (1978). Another blast from the past. A classical crossover album featuring a jazz rock version of the ‘Variations on a theme of Paganini’ with a high class ensemble of classical and rock musicians including Julian Lloyd-Webber and Rod Argent. Andrew (a writer of musicals) and brother Julian (a classical cellist) collaborated on this recording. A real meeting of two worlds! I first got this in 1978 as it featured the musicians of Colosseum II and I was into their music through their albums ‘Electric Savage’ and ‘Wardance’ (both 1977). I hadn’t heard ‘Variations’ for years when I stumbled on an old vinyl copy for £1 a year or so ago. It sounded terrific on vinyl! Wait (again), this record came out in January 1978! I was 16. Where did the time go?

3 Likes

It’s a good one alright! Got Vol2 an Expeditions too but the first one is still my favourite out of the 3.

1 Like

Surprisingly good! Thanks for posting.

The wonderful pianist and composer, Marian McPartland from 1978. Superb playing, and recording.

From This Moment On.

6 Likes

To start the Sunday…

The Band - 1996 The Weight

8 Likes

Started the morning with a decent Grieg

7 Likes

Now changed to something completely different

7 Likes

Belladonna - Ian Carr

6 Likes

Such a talented writer/performer

16 Likes

I’m not an exactly an aficionado of Pat Metheny, (I have a smattering of his albums), but did he ever sound as exhilarating as here?

Song X - Pat M & Ornette Coleman

11 Likes

Something new to start with, inspired by The Clash apparently but i’m not seeing the link currently.

1 Like

That’s probably his most avant-garde album. Enjoy.

1 Like

Weather Report - 8:30

I’m sure I saw this posted above by someone, but I can’t find it just now, so I apologise for not crediting the source of inspiration. I’ve not heard this before, so I searched and found it on Qobuz. Fine album.

13 Likes

Adam Harasiewicz - Chopin Polonaises

2 Likes