What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Weather Report - ‘I Sing The Body Electric’ (1972). Classic early Weather Report, more uncompromising in style that the later work. Side 1 is studio and side 2 is live including the track ‘Directions’ the Joe Zawinul composition which appears on a number of Miles Davis’ live fusion albums.

7 Likes

New release by DM of 40 year old material. The Vince Clarke era, which I have seriously warmed to recently.

8 Likes

It’s Bootsy, and his most recent (2020) album – and he’s here to funketize the galaxy and banish the beige!

8 Likes

Steely Dan Can’t Buy A Thrill / 2010 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY20122

19 Likes

Channeling his inner Bob Dylan,
I always think when he speak-sings.

Like the album, too.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what I was getting at, ‘speak-sings’! Thanks.

Now there’s a guy that puts a smile on your face :smiley:
‘What’s Bootsy Doin’?’ was my first foray, with Stevie ‘No Wonder’ Salas in the band. Legend.

2 Likes

Going to have to check it out now with that introduction!

1 Like

7 Likes

The BQE

1 Like

Tony Iommi & Glenn Hughes | Fused | 2005
Late to yesterday’s birthday party, here he is with Glenn Hughes on his last solo effort. Not bad, with a couple of belters on it.

1 Like

Stevie is such a great guitarist - think I have pretty much everything he’s released.

1 Like

Peter Gabriel - Us, double vinyl 45rpm version.

21 Likes

Ryan Adams. Love is Hell. CD. A guy with an ear for a melody. I enjoy his stuff.

Ryan-Adams-Love-Is-Hell

7 Likes

Now here’s an album

3 Likes

Golden Sings That Have Been Sung by Ryley Walker. He can be incredibly frustrating live but hoping he is back on form when I see him at End of the Road later in the year. This is my favourite album of his

6 Likes

Genesis-‘Archive #2 1976-92’ (2000). A 3 CD retrospective of the ‘Collins’ era. Some great rarities and prog material is here. There are B-sides from the ‘Wind and Wuthering’, ‘And Then…’ and ‘Duke’ eras such as ‘Vancouver’, ‘Open Door’ and others. There is great live material too ‘Ripples’, ‘Entangled’ to name but two. Also ‘It’s Yourself’ the B-side of ‘Your Own Special Way’. This single was the first Genesis I bought and upon listening I was interested in the middle section of this track which was pretty low key. Little did I know then that in a turbo charged form this was ‘Los Endos’ of course! Great stuff!

7 Likes

On CD:-

61AJ8P8y1GL._AC_1

King Crimson - Islands

9 Likes

From the Who Can I Be Now? vinyl box set, a 2-LP record of The Tour I Was Too Young To Attend Much To My Regret, Isolar in '76. The band - especially the Davis/Murray rhythm section – is on fire and the song choices/arrangements are just brilliant.

17 Likes

Out 25th March

18 Likes