What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Pink Floyd has always been favourite Sunday listening material

19 Likes

Jimi Hendrix Experience. Electric ladyland.
Not my favourite, that would be Axis but good nevertheless.

27 Likes

Enjoying this at the moment. The last track, Mariella, is great!

5 Likes

Sam Moss - Blues Approved

2 Likes

Brand X - ‘Moroccan Roll’ (1977). This is the follow up to their debut album ‘Unorthodox Behaviour’ and in comparison is more ambient in places, less driven, some have said whimsical. It is still great jazz rock though. The opener is ‘Sun In the Night’. For me this is the weakest track and has worded vocals which I never much cared for with Brand X. ‘Why Should I Lend You Mine….?’ is the album version of the track from a 1976 BBC session now available on ‘Missing Period’. In comparison the album track is more laid back and atmospheric with imaginative sound effects, a real trademark with Brand X. Both versions have their attraction. For me, the subtle differences in the different versions were always part of enjoyment in the music of Brand X. ‘Hate Zone’ is a more forceful track with a drum solo by Phil Collins at the start. Side 1 ends with the short and beautiful ‘Collapsar’ featuring predominantly Robin Lumley on keyboards. Side 2 is classic Brand X. ‘Disco Suicide’ and ‘Malaga Virgen’ are two of the great Brand X tracks and the album ends with ‘Macrocosm’. The ‘Malaga Virgen’ album version is an imaginative and exciting contrast to the 1976 BBC version. There is a clever play on words in the title and a great album cover by Hipgnosis too, as was the case with all of the original Brand X albums. So, taken as a whole, a touch uneven, but still one of my all time favourite albums.

3 Likes

Steely Dan 2vN words + music / 2000 Giant / US Promo Interview CD / PROCD100003

12 Likes

Snowbird ( MOON). something laidback after a few ales last night.

1 Like

Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams
CD}2012

6 Likes

You can get the computer updated (we did). You can then access Zwift, Rouvy etc. and, of course, the Wattbike app.

Now playing:

John McLaughlin & the 4th Dimension Live at Ronnie Scott’s.

8 Likes

Mark Egan & Danny Gottlieb - Electric Blue. Loving this at the moment and playing a lot, wonderfully recorded too, plus, gives the system lower octaves a thorough workout!

Bicep debut album, whilst there some flexing going on at Elland Road.

Running out of time for an anticipated red card.

2 Likes

One for a funky Sunday. I bought this Italian vinyl compilation in 1984, when I was at university. And it’s still with me, and being played right now.

7 Likes

Steely Dan everything must go / 2003 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCR11530

13 Likes

Dire Straits - ‘Love Over Gold’ (1982). I remember them back in the day and a close friend bought the first two albums when they came out. I got into them properly about 2005, when I bought a couple of CDs on a trip to London, so a bit late! This album is probably my favourite. It’s almost proggy with the longer tracks. The title track and ‘Private Investigations’ are highlights for me. Love the guitar and the almost ‘offhand’ vocals.

33 Likes

Joe Pass - Virtuoso

A mention from @JosquinDesPrez on the Jazz thread reminded me of this excellent record. Exceptional playing - truly virtuoso.

9 Likes

Yello - Baby. First UK pressing.

16 Likes

Elvis Presley, From Elvis In Memphis. CD.

12 Likes

Be still, my beating heart!

Stunning collaboration.

G

Sunday delivery, this was my first Pink Floyd album and never had it on vinyl before.

12 Likes