What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Lee Morgan - ‘Caramba!’

11 Likes

Dwight Yoakam, Hillbilly de Luxe. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

7 Likes

Santana | 1969
An eponymous old classic sounding wonderful, it was calling to me earlier today and needed to get out of the box.

17 Likes

Should have him sounding more in my room, he is a great ,master…

6 Likes

Bob Dylan, Infidels. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

13 Likes

Camel - ‘Moonmadness’ (1976). My favourite album by Camel. ‘Song Within A Song’, ‘Air Born’ and ‘Lunar Sea’ are the tops for me. Quintessential english prog.

14 Likes

steve tavaglione silent singing / 2000 Unitone / US CD / 1370247012

Steve Tavaglione Clarinet, Flute, Tenor Saxophone
Patrick Leonard, John Beasley Piano, Synthesizer
Dave Carpenter, Doug Lunn Bass
Electric Guitar Peter Maunu
Jeff Beal Flugelhorn, Trumpet, Synthesizer, Percussion
Alex Acuña Percussion
Gary Novak Drums

2 Likes

Luvin all your Camel @Naimsw

Camel - ‘A Live Record’ (1978). Live Camel double album which came out between ‘Raindances’ and ‘Breathless’. This is lovely stuff. Great versions of ‘Never Let Go’ and especially ‘Song Within A Song’ including the terrific vocals of Richard Sinclair. A rarity track ‘Ligging at Louis’ is also included from the ‘Mirage’ era which is a pleasant instrumental. Plus a complete live version of the ‘Snow Goose’. Only trouble is the album is too short! Never mind, an updated version came out a few years back with a lot more tracks particularly from ‘Raindances’. Still play the original vinyl though!

9 Likes

Buena Vista Social Club - 25th Anniversary Edition | 2021
Hats off to Ry Cooder for bringing this all together on a wonderful recording and of course to the 'Social Club for reviving some of Cuba’s pre-revolutionary music.

14 Likes

Fine playing

6 Likes

Some indie americana eases me into the evening

1 Like

This guy just keeps on giving, some great blues violin solos, amongst some great John Mayall style blues

8 Likes

Ian Siegal - Meat & Potatoes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Diana Krall The Very Best Of / 2007 Verve / EU CD / 0602517438095

17 Likes

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Star rise .
Album of remixes.
Michael Brooks and Peter Gabriel played big part in bringing his music to the west.
Trust me. You’ll like this.

@Charles64 When I first started telling friends how good his music was they would fall about laughing thinking I’d made the name up. Peasants :joy:

10 Likes

Bluesy this evening

7 Likes

Nina Simone, I put a spell on you. Happy birthday Nina Simone. :birthday: Thank you @Debs. :+1:

19 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, boots. :relaxed:

8 Likes