What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Somehow it doesn’t seem right sitting back and enjoying my black boxes as more lives are wasted in another useless conflict. Wished these warmongering pricks would pay a little more attention to the likes of Mr Waters and co maybe they’d give a little more thought into the consequences of their actions. Assholes.

Pink Floyd The Final Cut.

29 Likes

One prick in particular.

2 Likes

That’s the sad thing though, there always seems to be just one prick.

2 Likes

Robbie Robertson & The Red Road Ensemble, music for the Native American. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Antonio Forcione touch wood / 2003 naim / Austria CD / naimcd069

16 Likes

12 Likes

Alela Diane, to be still. I usually listen to live at the map room. Was going to listen to Cusp which is basically the same songs. Let’s listen to this one for a change. Wonderful as always. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Kaya

17 Likes

Dave Valentin Pied Piper / 2018 Vocalion / Austria Hybrid SACD / CDSML8549

2 Likes

Highly recommended. The needle dropped on side 1 and the opening track, ‘Love Resurrection’, put an instant smile on my face. The remaster is excellent - no artificial bass boost. Just as I remember it, but now crystal clear.

1 Like

The Cactus Blossoms - You’re Dreaming

2 Likes

Discovered in a Qobuz playlist, very pleasant.

Bau
Top of Coroa

Rufino Almeida, known as “Bau”, is a Cape Verdean guitarist, expert in the cavaquinho (small guitar with 4 strings) and the violin.

3 Likes

Linda Lewis, rock a doodle do-o. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Déjà vu

23 Likes

Prompted by the recent discussions…not my favourite PF work but pretty good nevertheless.

23 Likes

Crusaders - Street Life

15 Likes

Lady BC at the gym so finally a chance to play the new Cecil Taylor live recording - oddly entitled The Complete Legendary Live Return Concert. Bandcamp download only. Blistering playing from this top Quartet throughout. The first piece Autumn Leaves last for 88 minutes - count them muthas.

3 Likes

Genesis. The Lamb Lies Down. CD. It seems this divides opinion. It’s either Genesis’s high point, or its an overlong nonsense concept album rushed together by an arguing band. There are certainly some brilliant highpoints, but perhaps a lot of fairly ordinary stuff as well. For much of it, Steve Hackett, sadly, is not called upon much.

Later edit: I’m determined to get to the end!!

19 Likes

Oscar Peterson Oscar In Paris / 1997 Telarc / Austria CD x 2 / 83414

Oscar Peterson Piano
Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen Bass
Lorne Lofsky Guitar
Martin Drew Drums

8 Likes

That’s the camp I’m in fwiw😎

1 Like