What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Carly Simon, boys in the tree. Sorry not playing no secret (yet). :relaxed:

9 Likes

27 Likes

Enjoying this from Qobuz. 30 hours of Beethoven!

The track ordor has no logic for me. Anyone know how to sort the tracks by something sensible like .Op. num?

6 Likes

Frank Sinatra/Antonio Jobim.

13 Likes

folder

And now for something completely different

Just to show a persons musical tastes can spread to all types and genres of music

11 Likes

I will give Thrak a go. I agree, there is something a bit emotionless about Beat, even though the musicianship is great.
I am always a defender of Fripp though, much like the mighty Kraftwerk, there is a singularity of purpose. I love his work with Summers/Sylvian around that time.

3 Likes

Roots/Curtis Mayfield. A wonderful album, layered with great brass, bass, guitars. Joyful yet forbidding in unequal measure. Curtis was a stern preacher, on occasion.

11 Likes

Just finishing…

Carly Simon - Boys in the Trees

Carly Simon (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Piano), Gloria Agostini (Harp), Rubens Bassini (Percussion), Errol Crusher Bennett (Congas, Drums, Bass Percussion), Eddie Bert (Trombone), Kenneth Bischel (Electric Piano), Phil Bodner (Oboe), Michael Brecker (Tenor Saxophone), Randy Brecker (Trumpet), James Buffington (French Horn), David Carey (Marimba), Ronnie Cuber (Baritone Saxophone), Steven Dickson (Vocals), Cornell Dupree (Electric Guitar), Gordon Edwards (Bass), Marc Embree (Vocals), Harvey Estrin (Soprano, Recorder, Tenor Saxophone, Alto Saxophone), Joe Farrell (Flute), Steve Gadd (Drums), Eric Gale (Electric Guitar), Ruderick George (Vocals), Don Grolnick (Arp String Ensemble, Arp Strings, ARP Synthesizer, Keyboards, Electric Piano), John Hall (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Cissy Houston (Vocals), Jaroslav Jakubovic (Baritone Saxophone), Will Lee (Bass), Tony Levin (Bass), Alex Ligertwood (Vocals), Arif Mardin (Sound Effects), George Marge (Soprano Recorder, Tenor Recorder), Hugh McCracken (Electric Guitar), Onnie McIntyre (Guitar), Jeff Mironov (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Alyia Orme (Vocals), Barry Rogers (Trombone), Margaret Ross (Harp), David Sanborn (Alto Saxophone), Stuart Scharf (Autoharp, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Joanna Simon (Vocals), Lucy Simon (Vocals), Hamish Stuart (Guitar, Obbligatto Vocals), James Taylor (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Richard Tee (Keyboards, Piano, Electric Piano), Brooks Tillotson (French Horn), Luther Vandross (Vocals), Ken Williams (Vocals) and George Young (Alto Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… returned from running a couple of errands and saw a mention from @davidng above and placed the album in the queue and out for a spin, and Carly and the talented group of musicians have been sounding mighty sweet!

7 Likes

Not got too much KC but I do like Thrak - I’ve got In The Court and Red - any other suggestions please - I also like what he did with David Sylvian - some really nice guitar work….

1 Like

Even for me, long time band admirer, I think Thrak and Fripp (with his backing musicians - you’d be kidding yourself if you think King Crimson is still a band in the broad sense) is formulaic, overly technical, heartless, soulless and plainly boring.

1 Like

Now playing…

Fink - Hard Believer

Fink / Fin Greenall (E-Bow, Effects, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Moog Synthesizer, Percussion, Piano, Prophet Synthesizer, Vocals), Kasper Frenkel (Effects), Ruben Hein (Piano), Matt Kelly (Strings), Mentrix (Vocal Effect), Andrew Phillips (Strings, Textural Sampling), Zac Rae (Effects, Synthesizer), Elliot Schwartzman (Fender Rhodes), Drew Taubenfeld (Pedal Steel), Tim Thornton (Drums, E-Bow, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Vocals) and Guy Whittaker (Acoustic Bass, 12 String Acoustic Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Fink’s Hard Believer, it has not been out for a spin recently and it is sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Now playing…

Fink - Perfect Darkness

Fink / Fin Greenall (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals, Effects), Shane Beales (Electric Keyboard), Michael Flury (Trombone), Matthew Kelly (String Arrangements, Strings), Tim Thornton (Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar) and Guy Whittaker (Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the late-afternoon hour with Fink and he and the band are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

Margo Guryan - Take A Picture
CD|1968

Discovered Margo recently. CD is a mono recording,
Folk Rock, Psychedelic Rock

5 Likes

Eleanor Buckland ‎– You Don’t Have To Know
CD|2021

3 Likes

Ryan Adams Wednesdays

9 Likes

Each to his own, of course, but backing musicians don’t normally help compose the songs. Sure, Fripp gets to decide when King Crimson exists or ceases to exist, and exerts what Adrian Belew once described as “quality control” over the material. But songs such as Dinosaur, People, and both parts of Inner Garden sound like they had significant input from Belew. And B’Boom was a drum duet composed by Bruford and Mastelotto as a homage to Max Roach’s M’Boom.

Now, I find the follow-up The ConstruKction of Light to be less than the sum of its parts because, while the individual pieces are strong, there’s enough similarity to enough of them to make the overall result less than satisfying for me.

1 Like

Billie Eilish Happier Than Ever

8 Likes

Bruce Springsteen Western Stars

22 Likes

I love this album, had in on Cassette in the 80s. Can you recommend the actual Vinyl?