What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Joe Pass - For Django

Listening to the version on Qobuz before I decide to buy the new Tone Poet vinyl version.

7 Likes

You name dropper you!!! lol.

1 Like

Nat Cole. After Midnight. CD. Every time I play this I am amazed by how good the recording is. Mono in 1957. Puts most modern recordings to shame. And the music is good, just 4 instruments, no strings.

15 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut - Tidal 16/44
I think it was Pete who played this earlier, and it feels appropriate for today. A staple of my student days, and one of my favourite PF albums.

19 Likes

81Oc5P813-L.SS500
Jeff Lynne - Armchair Theatre.

9 Likes

Azymuth Outubro / 2016 Far Out / EU CD / FARO190CD

3 Likes

51IPcOrAotL.AC

ChakaDemus & Pliers - Tease Me.

Sun’s out over North Yorks., so a wee splash of Dancehall’s finest seems in order. :sun_with_face: :sunny:

7 Likes

71TXkQvTVOL.SS500
Booker T. - Potato Hole, ably assisted by Drive By Truckers and Neil Young.

3 Likes

Al’s second album assisted by Fairport Convention, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

11 Likes

Jan Akkerman Live. 2xCD. 1997. To my ear a serious player. It’s Rock, Blues, Jazz and who knows what else and well recorded.

7 Likes

Frank Zappa | The Hot Rats Sessions | 2019
More than eight hours of Zappa takes spread over six CDs. I’m just dabbling with the first CD this evening but sometimes like to get stuck into the box for a couple of hours or more.

13 Likes

Me too. If it’s not too pretentious to say so, it’s the great flawed masterpiece of prog.

Actually that is too pretentious. But this is PROG we’re talking about.

2 Likes

Now Playing…

Matthew Halsall - Salute to the Sun – Live at Hallé St. Peter’s (Manchester)

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Gavin Barras (Bass), Alan Taylor (Drums), Matt Cliffe
(Flute, Saxophone), Maddie Herbert (Harp), Jack McCarthy (Percussion) and Liviu Gheorghe (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off this beautiful sunny and cold Thursday morning with the live version of Matthew’s ‘Salute to the Sun’ album and he and the band are sounding sublime! A beautiful was to ease into the day…

11 Likes

Jan Akkerman. C.U. 2003. CD.

6 Likes

818HTkAlBQL.SS500

8 Likes

Ahmad Jamal Crystal / 1987 Atlantic / US CD / 817932

4 Likes

6 Likes

71uyhbGWsuL.SS500
Love is the Message recorded Live at Abbey Road. Yussef Dayes feat Alfa Mist, Mansur Brown and Rocco Pallandino

5 Likes

Beth Hart | War In My Mind | 2019
Playing this as a warm up to her forthcoming album (releasing tomorrow) where she “does” Led Zeppelin. I must admit that I am really not sure how this one will go down but I’m looking forward to finding out :sunglasses:

13 Likes

91H7zTvLeSL.SS500

1 Like