What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

4 trax

7 Likes

Chrissie Hynde - Standing in the Doorway - WAV CD rip
Chrissie covers songs by Dylan, guitar from James Wallbourne, and they do a fine job.

7 Likes

Beverly Kenney, sings for Playboys. Played her first three albums yesterday. Here is her fourth. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Beverly Kenny, born to be blue. Amongst the most poignant of her work and that’s something. :relaxed:

5 Likes

71gfSkzvcDL.SS500
The Mavericks - Trampoline.

7 Likes

Beverly Kenny, like yesterday. This reminds me of Diana Krall’s work. But it’s from 1959. Beautiful and more upbeat amongst her work. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Emmylou Harris and the Nash Ramblers - Ramble in Music City - WAV CD rip
Emmylou’s beautiful voice and a crack bluegrass band live in 1990, superb country album.

11 Likes

Beverly’s a billion times better than boring old Krall! :wink:

3 Likes

Ben Harper with Charlie Musselwhite Get Up

7 Likes

I get the impression you like her music a lot. I have been a big fan of her since the 60’s when I first came across her. Hopefully she will get the recognition she deserves with a re-release of all her albums. It seems that the only country that truly recognises her talents is Japan as they frequently release her product on limited edition.

1 Like

That is one great album.:+1:

1 Like

Crosby Stills and Nash CSN

18 Likes

James Taylor Greatest Hits Vol1

13 Likes

To start the day…

Rodriguez - 1970 Cold Fact

6 Likes

Excellent choice, great album. :+1:

I of course discovered Sixto Rodriguez after the 2012 film “Searching for Sugar Man” which I very much liked. I bought his CDs at about that time.

In 2014 or 2015 I saw a board announcement of a Rodriguez live show, when driving to my office in Johannesburg. I however was unable to attend the gig, which I regret to this day.

The world is a small place.

1 Like

Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat Deluxe

19 Likes

I’ve had a copy in some form since it’s release. It’s underrated classic imo.

1 Like

Another one from Sixto Rodriguez.

1971 - Coming from Reality

3 Likes

Bowie Space Oddiity 2019

21 Likes