What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Amazing pianist

3 Likes

Before missed this one before will download it tomorrow

6 Likes

Gilbert’s first album. Chris Spedding and Herbie Flowers on board.

Contains the song January Git which seems appropriate.

11 Likes

Now Playing…

Rumer - Live from Lafayette

Rumer (Vocals), Darren Hodson (Guitar, Vocals), Diego Rodriguez (Bass, Vocals), Rob Shirakbari (Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Vocals), Alex Torjussen (Drums) and Barry Wickens (Dobro, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Violin, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Rumer and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet! …a wonderful voice and set of songs to help ease into the day.

6 Likes

@BlueCanary Ah, I buy a lot from Juno maybe that’s where I saw it
Edit: I just checked, there was an LP now out of stock on a label called Dunhill. There Is though from Universal Japan an SHM CD but pricey

:heart:

The 2nd, and in my opinion, best of the consistently impressive Transatlantic output
images (1)

2 Likes

Adore is initial trio with Scott_LaFaro and Paul Motian
( roughly 1959-1962)

:fire:

<<>>

Syd Barrett was born on this day in 1946

Roger Keith "Syd " Barrett 1946-2006

25 Likes

Jealous - John Lee Hooker

4 Likes

Vinyl.

1 Like

5 Likes

Now playing…

Fairport Convention - Liege and Lief

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… joining in with others above and celebrating what would have been Sandy’s 75th birthday. Another life that passed much to early…

21 Likes

2 Likes

Not Fred Frith again :rofl:

1 Like

First track off the new “supergroup” band Smile which is basically 3 members of Radiohead.

1 Like

Sandy Denny - The Original Sandy Denny - 1991 UK vinyl
Recordings from 1967 originally issued in 1970, American and English folk songs, well played guitar and superb interpretations from a young singer who could already dig deep into the songs.

16 Likes

Yes Fred was in the band

1 Like

Sometymes Why - Your Heart is a Glorious Machine.

Trio including Aoife O’Donovan. Described as Folk Noir - great name for a genre.

Beautifully performed and produced.

5 Likes

71x9r57BCGL.SS500
Jethro Tull - The Very Best Of, a fine compilation.

18 Likes