What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

5 Likes

:heart:

2 Likes

71U0iDf7CBL.SS500
Buddy Guy - Skin Deep.

12 Likes

Might be the wrong topic, but anyone catch the Rick Beato Al Di Meloa interview? Quite fascinating.

1 Like

Enjoyable old recording

13 Likes

26 Likes

2 x LP - Def Jux (Rawkus) 1999 : )

Company Flow - Little Johnny From The Hospital

<>

Electro, instrumental, hip hop, abstract…

Defiantly abstract, maybe suit a digital format, the vinyl sounds a little grubby, and some deliberately recorded on crackle too [don’t you just hate that] and although much of the album beholds a rhythmic wondrous charm to marvel at, i may not ever play this again.

2 Likes

This thread contains phenomenal recommendations from many diverse music styles, but this is best I have heard for a while.
What do you reckon @crispyduck ?

One from the boys of tetylkivtsi, worth it for their version of Du Hast if nothing else.

Been listening to this most of the day, having picked it up at HMV this morning - ‘The Tipping Point’ by Tears for Fears. First album in 17 years, and receiving positive reviews in the press. I agree - it’s excellent.

Still not convinced about the green vinyl…

14 Likes

The Classic Chill Out Album. 2001. 2xCD. Not my normal thing, but amazed by the fact I know most of it.

6 Likes

18 Likes

Although we are only two months into the year, it’s hard not to see this album being in my top 3 for the year. It’s rare these days for me to be constantly playing a new album but definitely doing that with this!

2 Likes

@igahman you made me smile, and my dealer called and left me a couple of phono stages to play with over the weekend so feeling better already!
:+1:

1 Like

Mitski - Laurel Hell
CD|2022

Really looking forward to them in concert later this year, seen them before and they were excellent then but it feels they have moved on a few gears as a band now so should be special.

I have tickets as well. Haven’t seen them before so v excited!

I’m trying to exercise more restraint on ordering stuff and streaming more and giving this a listen now.

Haven’t finished first listen of whole album but seems to be getting stronger as it goes on, Rivers of Mercy has been favourite track so far.

1 Like

The Aluminium Group - Pedals

A beautiful album.

2 Likes

They were very special at Ally Pally few years back, must have been just as second album came out from memory.

Reduxer tends to split opinion on many alt-j fans but I love it, it made me appreciate Relaxer more. How do you feel about that album?