What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing American rock-

16 Likes

Yes I have. And thanks for reminding me of this one which I’d not played for a while.:sunglasses:

Coltrane. A Love Supreme. CD. Some albums you have to buy to see what all the fuss is about.

18 Likes

1995 - Tricky // Maxinquaye

10 Likes

Prince & The Revolution - Purple Rain (Paisley Park 2015 remaster)

:heart:

17 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbrek with the Hilliard Ensemble - Officium Novum

Jan Garbarek (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), The Hilliard Ensemble: David James (Countertenor), Rogers Covey-Crump (Tenor), Steven Harrold (Tenor), Gordon Jones (Baritone) and Bruno Ganz (Speaker).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… opening up this damp, cool and overcast Sunday morning with the beautiful music from Jan Garbarek and the Hilliard Ensemble and they are sounding sublime! A beautiful way to ease into the day…

11 Likes

Broken Hearts & Dirty Windows - Songs Of John Prine, Vol.2
CD|2021

4 Likes

1 Like

Nat King Cole - After Midnight (Pure Pleasure/Capitol 2LP)

Great album to relax to on a lazy early Sunday evening

:heart:

16 Likes

Sting. Ten Summoner’s Tales. CD. Very Sting like.

17 Likes

Return to Forever - ‘Romantic Warrior’ (1976). Another pivotal fusion album by an iconic band. Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, Al Di Meola, Lenny White. Great prog jazz fusion from a great era for the genre!

6 Likes

Stevie Wonder Songs in The Key of Life / 2000 Motown / EU CD x 2 / 1573572

26 Likes

1985 - New Order // Low-Life

12 Likes

Lisa Mills - Tempered In Fire

This is becoming my favourite Lisa album.

But better than ‘I’m Changing’?

Umm not sure, both are superb.

Oh gawd, I am talking to myself again….

12 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek - Madar

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Anouar Brahem (Oud) and Ustad Shaukat Hussain (Tabla).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Sunday morning with Jan and this fabulous trio and they are sounding mighty sweet! The opening track ‘Sull Lull’ is simply marvelous…

5 Likes

Yes - ‘Yesshows’ (1980). Although this double album followed ‘Drama’ it consists of live performances by the classic lineup in the 1970s. The songs cover albums from the very early ‘Time and A Word’ to songs from ‘Going For The One’ and ‘Tormato’. There is also some material from the period when Patrick Moraz was on keyboards. A nice addition to the live recordings on ‘Yessongs’.

13 Likes

Emmylou Harris and the Nash Ramblers - Ramble In Music City : The Lost Concert
CD|2021

13 Likes

3 Likes

Dave Brubeck - Time Out - 192kHz/24bit download.

Nice!

22 Likes

8 Likes