What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Lord Huron - Long Lost
CD|2021

6 Likes

Joni. Turbulent Indigo. CD. My most played and probably my fav Joni album.

15 Likes

Various Artists.The Vietnam War. OST
Some fantastic songs on this soundtrack about a time when people in power could sacrifice kids to fight their battles. Thank goodness that couldn’t happen now.

Too many good tracks to mention but Eve of destruction by Barry McGuire is pretty special.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Really enjoy the film too !

8 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Rea - King of the Beach

Chris Rea (Bass, Drum Programming, Guitar, Keyboards, Hammond Organ),
Martin Ditcham (Drums, Percussion), Julie Isaac (Vocals), Debbie Longworth (Vocals), Max Middleton (Fender Rhodes, Piano), and Pete Wingfield (Hammond Organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the noon hour with the weather getting a bit gloomy so thought taking Chris Rea’s ‘King of the Beach’ would spread a bit of sunshine on the day… and he and the band and are sounding sublime! …dreams of laying on a beach somewhere and then a nice cool dip in the ocean…

11 Likes

The show is a masterpiece as well…featuring people from both sides, military and civilian. Well worth watching (even my wife enjoyed it!).

2 Likes

Bill Evans Everybody Digs / 2007 Riverside / Germany CD / 0888072301825

Bill Evans Piano
Sam Jones Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

13 Likes

Yes it was an exceptional watch.

1 Like

Paul Desmond, easy living. As the album title say - it’s a very easy listen. :relaxed:

5 Likes

That was quick, does it include the new album Resist.

Following on from listening to Archie Lee Hooker i got here……quite like it, featuring Archie

3 Likes

Messing with rock royalty and iconic songs is a dangerous game. Especially when that royalty is none other than Led Zeppelin. It’s so easy to get it wrong. And many have.

So, the thought of trying to recreate their music is always an enticing one. Beth Hart has pulled off the impossible with this tribute album - that of trying to emulate Percy’s unique vocal genius. The band she has assembled deliver the musicality note perfect but many will fail if they don’t get the voice right. Beth gets it right. She makes the songs her own without losing any of the atmosphere, ambience, sheer range and power of Robert Plant.

This could well be the audio equivalent of a player scoring Goal of the Season in September!……it could easily be my album of 2022. Anything in the running to beat it in the next 10 months will have to be a giant killer.

Currently listening to her belting out what, IMHO, is the greatest rock song of all time - the masterpiece that is Kashmir.

A must for any Led Zeppelin fans (but, inevitably, some will hate it for what it’s trying to do).

18 Likes

Colosseum II - ‘Wardance’ (1977). The follow up to ‘Electric Savage’ and it’s equal in my view. Well, I probably slightly prefer ‘Electric Savage’. Again there is only one vocal track where Gary Moore sings ‘Castles’ in contrast to the high energy fusion instrumentals. Standouts for me are ‘Fighting Talk’ and particularly ‘The Inquisition’. These two tracks were part of a stellar ‘Sight and Sound In Concert’ performance broadcast on the BBC in 1978 where the band infused even more energy and virtuosity into the tracks on ES and WD. I found out yesterday that there is now a new CD release of both of the Colosseum II albums remastered. Sadly it does not include the BBC show as an extra and it has never had an official release. Great pity but maybe one day.

3 Likes

51hFbPBWahL.AC
KT Tunstall - Tiger Suit.

11 Likes

Shelby Lynn, just a little lovin’. Not Dusty Springfield, but it flows so well after Paul Desmond’s easy living. :relaxed:

14 Likes

You won’t be liking Dread Zeppelin then?
A bit of a comedy act in the late 80s doing cover versions of LZ in a reggae style with the lead singer as an Elvis impersonator …

At the time Robert Plant approved !

5 Likes

A long, hectic and tiresome weekend. This album is like yoga for me. Listening to Chameleon on this 45 and I am all centered again. Maybe that explains the album title for me. :sunglasses:

Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters

9 Likes

OK, I ordered a copy just to see.

But, just for the record…

10 Likes

I think they were D(r)ead serious. Great version of I Can’t Quit You Babe! :sunglasses:

4 Likes