What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Playing on my new P10. Superb

10 Likes

Patrick Noland Piano Gathering Light / 1995 naim / Austria CD / naimcd011

3 Likes

I never knew AtS real name - never connected the two!
Cheers, @Dread!

2 Likes

And I thought I was the only one who felt she had murdered Kashmir.

1 Like

Black Country, New Road sophomore album. Great work, and the vinyl cut is pretty good as well. Unfortunately, their singer decided to leave the band after the album got released - hoping they’ll survive and pull a “New Order” in the aftermath…

4 Likes

91-XYAAdJOL.SS500
John Lennon - Mind Games.

13 Likes

It’s First Degree Murder @anon10403888, premeditated, malicious, vicious and utterly lacking in compassion and humanity.

1 Like

@Dreadatthecontrols – ATS is mentioned in the credits because he is a big fan of the band, he gave them a support slot at a gig in Lewes back in 2017, and booked them for a slot at his Glastonwick in 2018.

2 Likes

Bought for me 1970 at tender age of 14, couldn’t afford to buy a triple album myself. Played on so many turntables, Ferguson ( Garrard ), BSR MP60, B & O, Phillips, Dual, Linn, Rega…and still sounds good after 52 years!

23 Likes

Yes I do seem to recall Ese being on one of the Glastonwick Bills, cant remember if I saw them, might have been crashed out after too much Russian Imperial Stout! :joy:

1 Like

Telecaster vs. Les Paul-

10 Likes

Late arvo dozy need a pick me up. Pure Pleasure reissue of mid 80s Nate Morgan Retribution Reparation. Ferociously propulsive - feel like the bloke in that old Maxell tape ad - phew!

2 Likes

Ooh, that’s a tough call :roll_eyes:

1 Like

John Patton - That Certain Feeling

1968 Blue Note Records - Van Gelder Studios - he is not Big here - lovely groove.

4 Likes

This tribute to Miriam Makeba by Somi is really quite exceptional – even on first listen. Beautiful recording too.

9 Likes

Great album, I’ve bought a few Pure Pleasure Nimbus West titles since the Kevster drew my attention to them
Will have to check out Somi too, thanks (couldnt find it on Tidal)
:+1:

On CD….

13 Likes

I hope that’s the original version and not the version without the edits and overdubs!

Tell us what you really mean, Kev!

2 Likes

Katanga! - Curtis Amy & Dupree Bolton (Tone Poet/Pacific Jazz)

Lots of people have raved about this one, some saying it’s the best TP yet. I’ve been streaming it a while and must have been in a minority of one in just not really getting it. I really like the TP of Joe Pass For Django from Pacific Jazz and thought what the heck I’ll get Katanga! Just in case I’m missing something, well I obviously was, its growing and Mrs Dread likes it which is always a bonus!

:heart:

6 Likes