What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Pre-ordered. I trust ya!

1 Like

Yes @Clive, it’s a reissue of the “1976” version with that MAGNIFICENT 12’30" version of “No Quarter”…

1 Like

Maria again, in Norma - an opera and composer new to me. It’s gorgeous.

8 Likes

It’s not out yet @Dreadatthecontrols I’m listening to a CD given to me by the record company. It’s released this coming Friday.

1 Like

Joining @BlueCanary with a Nimbus West selection…

Horace Tapscott conducting The Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra - Flight 17 (Pure Pleasure/Nimbus West)

:heart:

5 Likes

Agree about the ‘facsimile backing’. The problem with these tracks are that they have an iconic status about them that means any covers will inevitably be compared to the originals. I quite like BH’s own original material but feel a bit ‘meh’ about this simply because these interpretations don’t try to do anything original with the songs.

1 Like

Dread Zeppelin - Un-Led-Ed

You guys need some Tortelvis to recalibrate your Zep ears.

9 Likes

8 Likes

I have to agree - she has done her self no favours at all - very disappointing effort from a lady who normally displays a lot of talent.

1 Like

Thanks. You spotted my post, got you mixed up with Blue Canary

1 Like

ZZ Top | Afterburner | 1985
The 'Tops still in their MTV (music video for TV) phase but boy did they make some great catchy rock tunes. My personal favourite video off this one is Rough Boy.

15 Likes

I would too, but havent got the hair these days! :grin:

1 Like

Marcia Griffiths - Play Me, Sweet And Nice (Bewith Records 2LP)

Reggae got Soul!

Queen Marcia Griffiths 1974 album of Reggae, Soul n Funk. Nicely restored by Bewith Records with a second disc of “bonus material” from the period.

:heart:

5 Likes

First day back after a week’s skiing. Missed my system! This record was waiting for me and I’m really enjoying it

9 Likes

She is goooood !?

3 Likes

6 Likes

1969 - Terry Reid // The Most of…

10 Likes

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Souvenance: Music for Oud, Quartet and String Orchestra

Anouar Brahem (Oud), François Couturier (Piano), Klaus Gesing (Bass Clarinet), Björn Meyer (Bass) and Pietro Mianiti (Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Monday morning with one of my favorite albums from Anouar. Very fitting for the times and do love this album and, as always, it is sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

Quite enjoying this latest TFF release, definitely a return to form

12 Likes

Beth Hart | Leave The Light On | 2003
One of her early albums, it’s so good to have another female artist that knows how to sing rock with real soul. There are many pretenders around.

9 Likes