What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

And to keep the electronic vibe going - a “live” album by Kraftwerk? Don’t get me wrong I am a huge fan but you’d be hard pressed to know it’s live at times!

14 Likes

Just finished…

Anouar Brahem Trio - Astrakan Cafe

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Barbaros Erköse (Clarinet) and Lassad Hosni (Bendir, Darbouka).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)…. this afternoon turned to Anouar, Barbaros and Lassad while completing today’s exercise routine and they sounded sublime! Great afternoon company while working up a sweet and covering up a few of my grunts and groans…

Now Playing…

Jakob Bro - Gefion

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… moving on to Jakob Bro’s ‘Gefion’ album to keep the mellow flow of day, and myself, moving along. …and this trio is sounding sublime! Love all of Jakob’s work, this is one sweet album…

6 Likes

On CD….haven’t listened to this for ages….

15 Likes

Last one for tonight….

Disc 2 of the special SACD release…

4 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Gefion

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on with Jakob Bro’s ‘Gefion’ album to keep the mellow flow of afternoon moving along and this trio is sounding sublime! …another very sweet album.

3 Likes

6 Likes

One of my all time favorite albums, not so young, but so good…

Gene Clark
No Other

9 Likes

2 Likes

There will also be a 20th anniversary edition soon, @davidng

ROAR!!! Wah wah!

Buddy Rich - The Roar of ‘74

7 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson - Montara (1975)

Bit of a fan of vibes and marimba and Bobby Hutcherson is a wonderful musician. That lovely mid-70’s jazz groove.

9 Likes

India Arie a a nice start for today’s music.

4 Likes

Greg Foat - Symphonie Pacifique (Tidal/Strut)

Streaming in the cab, enjoying this first listen to Greg Foat, a new name to me but appears he has been very prolific, recording albums under his own name, with The Greg Foat Group, and various collaborations. A lot to explore…

As recommended on the UK Jazz Thread @krautnaimie @steviebee :+1:

Acclaimed pianist Greg Foat is a mainstay of the current UK jazz revival thanks to works on Jazzman and Athens of the North. He draws on soul and library music for his inspiration and serves up lush symphonies that are rich in detail, layer and emotion. This new album, which makes use of pedal steel for the first time, goes even more widescreen in its approach and includes powerfully uplifting tracks like “Anticipation” as well as more sensual and slower groovers and languid movers like “Island Life.” It is the sound of an artist and composer at the very peak of his powers.

:heart:

4 Likes

On Cd….well that woke me up!

15 Likes

The honour is not mine. @AndyP praised Greg - and I had to check him out. Good isn’t it!

1 Like

@Dreadatthecontrols

Also Hampshire & Foat are well worth checking out.

1 Like

Give Peace A Chance

11 Likes

Yes Stevie and you can never get enough of Canned Heat live imo. And what a performer Otis was. Great festival of music. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Worth buying 3 disc blue ray if that’s a format you use.:sunglasses:

1 Like