What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Wish it was. No this is a reissue from Music on Vinyl.

1 Like

Did Boots ever sell records (I vaguely think they may have) - just found a crumpled, yellowed receipt inside the SRTS sleeve: Boots The Chemists 13 Nov 8* (indecipherable )£4.49… Can’t remember how much LPs were back then ( but, ah age, remember The Doors were 39/11 in 1968/9! )

Spose they could have bought handcream after a trip to the record shop!

1 Like

Yes they did - I remember buying pink floyd relics on tape and thinking omg

1 Like

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra - When The World Was One

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Nat Birchall (Saxophone), Lisa Mallett (Flute), Keiko Kitamura (Koto), Rachael Gladwin (Harp), Taz Modi (Piano), Gavin Barras (Bass) and Luke Flowers (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on with Matthew while completing today’s exercise routine and he and the orchestra are sounding mighty sweet! One beautiful album…

8 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

Billy F. Gibbons | The Big Bad Blues | 2018
Had the 'Tops on for a couple of albums last night, wanted something more heavy blues orientated tonight and looked to the Reverend.

17 Likes

I love these stories from you youngsters, it was the same for me in the mid sixties when called upon to turn down some Zappa or the like. :rofl: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

Watching the footer - attack v defence altho Posh have had their moments - so time for a spot of singalonga Captain. Clear Spot on worn thin Reprise vinyl.

12 Likes

Steve Earle: Guitar Town. A truly wonderful album, great tunes, great songs. If you are not aware of this album, check it out.

8 Likes

Did I ever mention Steve signed my copy at club in Manchester?
Well maybe just once or twice :joy:

1 Like

Saw him live twice, blew me away and very funny chat between songs.

1 Like

Emmylou Harris, the ballad of Sally Rose. Beautiful album for the morning down under. :relaxed:

11 Likes

And still feels like yesterday. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Meghan Patrick, country music made me do it. Actually Emmylou Harris’ country music made me do it. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Nico | BBC Peel Sessions 1971 | 2020
Only EP length, these four tracks just take me back to a different era.

12 Likes

Davie Knowles - Coming Up For Air

Beth Hart - Bad Woman Blues
Leslie west - Still Climbing

2 Likes