What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

6 Likes

Across the multiverse - Dent May

Rosalie Cunningham | Two Piece Puzzle | 2022
I was a fan of Purson the prog rock band she fronted up until it folded a few years ago, she has gone on to make a second solo album in a similar prog/alternative vein. Not bad. She would have been a great addition to some early prog rock back in the day.

3 Likes

I bought Tusk by Fleetwood Mac there in 1980 not sure how long after that they threw in the towel in that department.

7 Likes

Le Déjeuner Sur L’herbe - The New Jazz Orchestra.

Sublime.

1 Like

Out of interest do you remember who was support if any? In Manchester it was Green on Red who were also impressive.

Rumer, Nashville Tears. Was wondering what to play next. Streaming made it too easy to put this on. And I am hooked in seconds. No going back now. I do love this album. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I remember the records and accessories being good value and a good selection. They also sold newspapers and magazines at least in the early 80s.

2 Likes

In a mellow blues mood tonight

22 Likes

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall - Colour Yes

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Gavin Barras (Bass), Gaz Hughes (Drums on tracks 3 to 8), Marek Dorcik (Drums on tracks: 1, 2), Rachel Gladwin (Harp on tracks 2, 5 to 7), Adam Fairhall (Piano) and Nat Birchall (Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with another album from Matthew and he and his talented group of musicians are they are sounding sublime!

10 Likes

15 Likes

Life On The Wire - Morrissey/Mullen

4 Likes

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same

Original release of original version.

23 Likes

That takes me back to evenings in the Half Moon, Putney in the ‘80s.

2 Likes

More Thurston: The Best Day

That’s his Mum. And dog.

4 Likes

Very clever - I see what you did there.

:wink:

1 Like

An oldie

How did he keep reinventing music album after album?

25 Likes

Schubert ‘Symphony No 8 and Symphonic Fragments’ (1984). A ‘completed’ version of the ‘Unfinished’ symphony and the ‘Symphonic Fragments’. I got this from a charity shop not long ago. Whilst familiar with the main symphony the completed version and the ‘Fragments’ were new to me.

6 Likes

Sorry I don’t. I saw him at Birmingham town hall and Wolverhampton civic hall. saw Green on red at Glastonedbury :crazy_face:

1 Like