What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Continuing the Prince theme on vinyl……Around the World in a Day.

16 Likes

Now playing…

Nat Birchall - Cosmic Language

Nat Birchall (Tenor Saxophone, Percussion), Adam Fairhall (Harmonium), Michael Bardon (Bass), Andy Hay (Drums, Percussion) and Chris Cruiks (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on into the late afternoon with this album from Nat and he and the band are sounding sweet! After hearing Nat’s saxophone contribution with Matthew Halsall and then @Bobthebuilder giving him a mention over in the ‘Jazz’ thread I thought I would select an album and give it a spin…

4 Likes

Some late night listening on cd….

21 Likes

The aptly tiled I Don’t Live Here Anymore - War on Drugs

12 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard Quartet - Romaria

Andy Sheppard (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Eivind Aarset (Guitar), Michel Benita (Double Bass) and Sebastian Rochford (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the early evening hours with Andy Sheppard and he and his quartet are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones

25 Likes

Qobuz: Songs From The Big Chair by Tears for Fears
Tidal: Songs From The Big Chair by Tears for Fears
Spotify: [Songs From The Big Chair by Tears for Fears]
(Songs From The Big Chair (Super Deluxe Edition) - Album by Tears For Fears | Spotify)

.sjb

17 Likes

War - Why Can’t We Be Friends

11 Likes

I’m enjoying the new Midnight Oil album after a few misgivings and it’s title Resist kind of resonates as well.

“Who left the bag of idiots open”

6 Likes

To start Wednesday…

London Grammar - 2013 If You Wait

20 Likes

Led Zeppelin, III. Work day is done. Need to celebrate! :sunglasses:

26 Likes

Emilie-Claire Barlow, the beat goes on. So many tracks I love in this album. The beat goes on, Raindrop keep falling down, Sunshine Superman, etc. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Fabulous album - this recent deconstruction vid of ‘Everybody Wants to Rule the World’ is interesting - elegant arrangements within the song structure:

1 Like

Tom Misch
Beat Tape 2

Refined and subtle, love it !!

2 Likes

Vista - Julian Siegel Quartet.

I remember the Half Moon. We used to go there for a drink before watching the Boat Race.

Have I dreamed this? - in the haze of a distant memory Paige & Plant did a small gig there around the time of ‘No Quarter’. Tickets were sold out immediately of course and people queued in the vain hope of returns. Seems unbelievable now.

Big fan of the ECM label, all their albums are so well recorded and produced.
Don’t know your choices so going to check them out on the website :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t remember it, but it sounds very possible. It’s a legendary London music venue, and I can easily imagine them wanting to support it.

Anouar Brahem and his album Les Pas Du Chat Noir. Beautiful. I know @seakayaker is a fan of his but I haven’t seen you play this one as much. It’s well worth a spin!

6 Likes