What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Carrying on with Kenny Anderson.

4 Likes

A desert island disc this one :slightly_smiling_face:

27 Likes

I love Tord Gustavsten’s music. We have tickets to see the band on 18 May at the Turner Sims; something to look forward to.

3 Likes

One for the man, for his birthday yesterday.

24 Likes

Heather Newman - Rise From The Flames

The girl can rock. :metal:

7 Likes

3 Likes

Zero 7 Simple Things / 2003 Ultimate Dilemma / EU CD / 5050466890122

9 Likes

Can’t remember who first mentioned this but thank you.

8 Likes

New to Valerie June after hearing her on internet radio.
Blues, folk, soul with an amazing and unique voice. I’m smitten.

7 Likes

Michael Prophet - Righteous Are The Conqueror (Tidal/Greensleeves)

I’ve said this many times, such a phenomenal amount of quality music came out of Maxfield Avenue’s Channel One as the Seventies gave way to the eighties, with The Roots Radics band ushering in a newer heavier sparse style underpinned by the great Style Scott on drums and Errol Flabba Holt Bass (Later as Dub Syndicate with Adrian Sherwood) and usually Scientist or Soldgie Hamilton working the board.
Much of it was licenced to Greensleeves Records who had it properly cut and mastered, many from this period being mastered by Ray Staff (Air Studios) and released on well pressed vinyl.
This is another of those gems from around 1980 with Michael’s lovely distinctive vocal style always giving me those spinal chills.
So sad that Channel One was later closed and deserted by the Hookim brothers due to the politically motivated gang wars, it’s now just a criminally neglected derelict shell.

20220303_161107

Sublime
:heart:

3 Likes

I’m taking full credit for that.

2 Likes

Much appreciated.

1 Like

Antonio Forcione and Sabina Sciubba - Meet Me In London

Beautiful stuff.

12 Likes

Back indoors, time for a quick spin before nosebag n a kip.

Erm…let me see…more of that 'orrible reggie

This ones for @igahman, I know he’s a fan of the group

Israel Vibration - On The Rock (RAS 1995)

:heart:

3 Likes

Lack of Education - Dub Syndicate/Andy Fairley

4 Likes

Who Put The Voodoo Pon Reggae/Lee Perry.

5 Likes

Melody Gardot - Currency of Man

Remember this?

I always felt my 250DR struggled to get the very best from this album, a combination of challenging mixes and possibly not the finest of recordings.

So I thought I’d see how Melody reacts with a 500DR up ‘er.

Better but still some thickening just takes the edge off for me. Maybe my poor old MA GX300 Gold speakers need a break, but they sound superb with other material, so it might be the recording/mastering.

Still a great album though!

10 Likes

Some angry post-punk to warm the barbecue too…

3 Likes

UK Probe Records first pressing:

27 Likes

via Qobuz. An accessible piece which set up my afternoon of listening to some contemporary classical pieces. Music played by the composer is always interesting.

5 Likes