What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

2016 - Kate Bush // Before the Dawn

20 Likes

Just got the live version also on vinyl - not listened yet tho

2 Likes

Patricia Kopatchinskaja, violin & Sol Gabetta, Cello
cover-ALPHA757

I listened to Kopatchinskaja available on Qobuz. This is a taster of an exciting fiddle player who I must hear live sometime. I have several CDs and should sort out something decent to play them on. Her music is sometimes jarring and discordant, which
fits the mood.

3 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - Tales from New York

I’ve never been a committed fan of S&G, so aside from this and the earlier Greatest Hits album, I’ve never really ventured any further. I don’t know why because they were so good together and Paul Simon is a fantastic songwriter (and guitar player).

11 Likes

I put this on - really put me in a good mood !!!

8 Likes

Now playing…

Arooj Aftab - Vulture Prince

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning and taking out last April’s album released from Arooj out for spin and she is sounding sublime! A head cold developed throughout the day yesterday and today is going to be down and out without much activity. Arroj has such a beautiful voice and makes it easy to close the eyes and drift in the easy chair.

4 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Pat Metheny Unity Group Kin / 2014 Nonesuch / Japan Promo CD / Paper Sleeve / WPCR15523

10 Likes

KoЯn | 1994
Their great eponymous debut album where they weren’t shy in announcing themselves to the world of metal and beyond.

3 Likes

Beth Hart - War In My Mind. 44.1kHz/24bit

Another tough listen (both acoustically and emotionally) with my old 250DR. So what would a 500DR do for this dense, challenging mix?

Blimey, it is like another album! Such an emotional listen, just wonderful!

Maybe it is the 24bit file that the 500DR (and the ND555) is responding so well to.

Don’t get me wrong, my 250DR did so much well and I still recon it is the best VFM power amp Naim make. There are however one or two albums in my collection that are so demanding even the wonderful 250DR struggled a bit.

12 Likes

Telepathy. Just playing ‘Round About Midnight too.
Now playing Miles Davis - Bags Groove

9 Likes

ABC Records US first press vinyl:

25 Likes

I walked past that pylon on Sunday. Landward side of Dungeness Atomic Power Station. Here is a view from the cover.

2 Likes

Please do post and let us forumites know.

I’ve stood back from the new release ATM - I just need a push :slight_smile:

The reviews on Amazon appear mixed, with suggestions Beth’s voice gets buried in the mix, which is never a good thing for any artiste.

Saw this getting a bit of love here: I’m really enjoying it’s glacial drift eastwards.

3 Likes

Rather taken with this

13 Likes

Now playing…

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly LIVE

Donald Fagen (Melodica, Piano, Vocals), Jim Beard (Keyboards, Piano), Keith Carlock (Drums), LaTanya Hall (Percussion, Vocals), Jon Herington (Guitar), Connor Kennedy (Guitar), Carolyn Leonhart (Percussion, Vocals), Jamie Leonhart (Percussion, Vocals), Michael Leonhart (Flugelhorn, Horn, Percussion, Trumpet), Jim Pugh (Trombone), Roger Rosenberg (Bass Clarinet, Baritone Saxophone), Catherine Russell (Percussion, Vocals), Freddie Washington (Bass) and Walt Weiskopf (Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Thursday morning with Donald and he and the band and they are sounding sublime!

21 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :grinning:

24 Likes

Like a good whiskey she just gets better with age.

If you like Dolly - you will love this offering!

5 Likes

Lisa Mills - I’m Changing

Just can’t understand why Lisa isn’t a more prominent artist - she is such a talent.

12 Likes