What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Interesting……i thought you would like it back that then……its a very personal album, the 552/500 bring it to life for you👍

1 Like

Israel Vibration.
Certainly am Dread. Certainly am.

1 Like

The very, very first pressing (1983) of this classic album (note different cover).

This always brings back memories of being at university, and living in a flat above a launderette on Rosslyn Hill, Hampstead, and of sitting watching people and cars go up and down Hampstead High Street while smoking weed and drinking tea and cheap whisky and listening to A Walk Across The Rooftops…

20 Likes

Tool | Lateralus | 2001
Maynard James Keenan on excellent form here again with one of Tool’s finest (art/alt/metal or whatever it’s supposed to be labelled) albums. Wonderful innovative heavy music.

8 Likes

As it is my birthday, treating myself to some Tori Amos in advance of her show in Manchester later in the month.
Such an expressive voice, supported by great production.

12 Likes

Must say I’m surprised Clive. All catalogue worth a visit. Compilations miss out some outstanding tracks.
Sounds of silence good for starters.

Saint-Germain-Des-Prés Café - Coffret 10 CD

Disque 9

1. Big Bang - Spinning 6 Turning 8
  2. DJ Food - Half Step
  3. Stacey Kent - Let Yourself Go
  4. Jazzanova feat. Clara Hill - No Use
  5. Mitchell & Dewbury feat. Billie Godfrey - Beyond The Rains
  6. The Invisible Session - I’ll Be Your Wings
  7. Juryman - The Morning
  8. Kinny & Horne - Queen Of Boredness (Diesler Mix)
  9. The Quantic Soul Orchestra feat. Alice Russell - Take Your Time
  10. Dominique Dalcan - The Look Of Love
  11. Les Gammas - Guauanco (The Cinematic Orchestra Remix)
  12. Jumbonics - Sandy
  13. The Herbaliser - Something Wicked
  14. Micatone - You’ve Taken All
  15. Musica Nuda feat. Erik Truffaz - Take A Bow
6 Likes

The Smiths first album and my favourite.

10 Likes

A couple of lps I listened to earlier today on vinyl

Terry Snyder and The All Stars - Persuasive Percussion, according to the liner notes this album can be used to test audio equipment, due to the placement of sounds in the left and right stereo channels. Pretty funky for 1959!

And then from the modern day

Matt Bianco -Whose Side Are You On?, great latin rhythms, deep synth bass and fun vocals.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Tori Amos - Ocean to Ocean

Tori Amos (Fender Rhodes, Hammond Organ, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Matt Chamberlain (Drums, Percussion), Jon Evans (Electric Bass, Upright Bass), Mark Hawley (Guitar), Phil Shenale (Marxophone, Optigan, Hammond Organ, Sampling, Synthesizer) and Tash (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… joining in with the birthday celebration of By-Tor and continuing on this morning with Tori’s latest release. …and Tori and the band are sounding sublime! I do hope you have a fabulous birthday By-Tor and enjoy the concert next month! Life is sweet…

11 Likes

In the mood for a spot of eclectic British Whimsy - Kevin Ayers Confessions of Doctor Dream. The one I listen to least but it’s pretty damn good very electric with great guest appearances from some Softs; Ollie Halsall; Mike Oldfield oh and Her Niconess.

6 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

9 Likes

Traffic - The Collection.

10 Likes

Cool sounds.

4 Likes

Trader Horne - Morning Way - WAV CD rip
Psychedelic-folk from the early ‘70s, some haunting vocals from the pure voice of Jude Dyble and trippy settings, lovely album.

4 Likes

Yes, I realise it’s pretty unforgivable. I guess I went off on other musical paths. While it was playing I was wondering why I’d invested more time in Richard Thompson, when I prefer Paul Simon’s guitar style. C’est la vie.

1 Like

INCREDIBLE-sounding BN 12-inch remix single from 1984:

8 Likes

Birdy, young heart. Woke up down under to many fantastic music mentions here and I started listening to soft peaceful melancholic songs by Birdy. Said a prayer for people of the war torn country. :pray:

10 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for Trader Horne. I have Judy Dyble’s later work, but have never listened to this,