What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I’ve tried Animals a fair few times now, and…
I guess I just don’t get it or like it much.
Even Amused To Death found me singing odd bits after awhile (didn’t think much of it at first).
WYWH, Saucerful, UmmaGumma, Piper, Atom Heart are just so much more to my taste I guess…vive le difference! One day, maybe Animals will click. But I doubt it…and I find it annoying (a little) that Animals just escapes me.

2 Likes

Now playing…

F. J. McMahon - Spirit of the Golden Juice

F.J. McMahon (Rhythm Guitar, Vocals), Junior Nickles (Drums) and Jon Uzonyi (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16) ,a mention from @AndyP above had me place this 1969 release in the queue and now taking out for a spin. An album from my era which I have not played previously and Mr. McMahon and the band is sounding mighty fine!

3 Likes

The Carpenters, the singles 1969-1973. I love the carpenters. Such a good smooth way to start the day. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

Hang in there @steviebee - it’s a grower. Took a long while for me to be convinced but there is something magical about the LP. I’m looking forward to the remix/remaster, if it ever comes out.

2 Likes

Or end the day, like I did yesterday!

2 Likes

71-WMQBZSVL.SS500
Steve Winwood - Talking Back To The Night.

12 Likes

Gregory Isaacs: Night Nurse. very very cool.

3 Likes

Funnily enough, it was one of my least favourites for many years. I just ‘got it’ one day and it’s my most listened to PF album since. Strange isn’t it how that can happen.

2 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

Now playing…

Willie Dixon - I Am The Blues

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… continuing on this afternoon with While and he is sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

81y6wLP5deL.SS500
Booker T. & The MG’s - McLemore Avenue.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Katie Melua - Acoustic Album No. 8

Katie Melua (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals) and Simon Goff (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Saturday afternoon with this beautiful album from Katie and she along with Simon is sounding sublime! The opening track ‘Joy’ is wonderful…

9 Likes

Mezzanine, massive attack. Haven’t listened to this for a while. Thanks @powermd888.

21 Likes

Funny - I just bought their whole collection on Bandcamp this afternoon…

1 Like

Great jazz trio

No doubt it will appear in the next few weeks. I’ll look forward to that.

Now playing…

Dan Penn - Living On Mercy

Dan Penn (Vocals), Buzz Cason (Vocals), Clayton Ivey (Hammond B3, Keyboards, Strings), Marie Lewey (Vocals), Will McFarlane (Guitar), Doug Moffet (Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Michael Rhodes (Bass), Charles Rose (Trombone), Milton Sledge (Drums), Cindy Walker (Vocals) and Drew White (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the mid-afternoon hour with Dan and his band and they are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

Tears for Fears, tipping point. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Danny Nedelko, Idles. Shaun Keaveny played it yesterday and in the car it stood out as a shedload of fun, and it is hearing it now properly.

The National Choir of Ukraine “Dumka”, Tchaikovsky: liturgy of St. John Chrysostom. Just finished watching winter on fire again.

5 Likes