What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Japanese Breakfast kind of morning.

Psychopomp
CD|2016

Jubilee
CD|2021

4 Likes

John Coltrane Quartet - Ballads (Acoustic Sounds Series/Impulse)

Needed to start the morning with something quality but not too challenging after a late night partying and having my ears caned by DJ Dave Doubledecks (well these days more like Larry Laptop), this the perfect antidote

:heart:

14 Likes

Been another interesting day today with the continuing shoot out
Cyrus Phono Signature/PSX R 2 vs Superline/HC DR

Records strewn all over the place, as well as my many other usual suspects this one particularly demonstrated the merits of each.

Lou Reed - Transformer (Speakers Corner/RCA)

The Cyrus is pretty good but ultimately couldnt match the strength and musical authority of the Naim, perhaps predictably given the Naim combo is twice the price of the Cyrus which I believe is very highly regarded, I thought worth pitching against the Naim to see if I could save a couple a grand. Had an interesting few months listening to PS from Tom Evan’s Groove Anniversary 2nd, Dynavector P75 IV, Cyrus and Naim.
looks like I’ll have to cough up the extra ackers! (Taxi fare price increase imminent):joy:

25 Likes

Goldfrapp - Black Cherry

15 Likes

Been on rotation for the last 5 days. Love it!

1 Like

Stone the Crows - Live at the BBC (1969 - 1972 )

39 tracks in Hi -Res - sound quality is awesome.

9 Likes

I feel love thumping on the doors of my heart again…

The Beat - Wha’ppen (Go Feet 1981)

Never stopped loving this album

6 Likes

This week’s best release for me.

2 Likes

Yeah I like it too, I see you also got the Bewith re issue of Nucleus another good un. The Ian Carr Belladonna re issued by Mr Bongo is good if you havent already. Annoyed with myself though as I seem to have lost my copy, I’m hoping I’ve just mis filed it and it will turn up sometime! Or worse it got accidentally thrown out amongst a pile of accumulated record mailers! Grrrrrrr!

CD. Only a second listen, but I’m beginning to think that this album might be one of my albums of 2022…

7 Likes

On CD and Happy Birthday Mr Gilmour.

24 Likes

Ray - Frazier Chorus

1 Like

Black Uhuru - Anthem (Island 1983)

The original, unedited UK version, which was withdrawn just as it was released.
Black Uhuru at the height of their game with Sly and Robbie at Compass Point in Nassau

The fence cant hold…too much Bull Inna de pen!

6 Likes

Whens it out?

Eric Clapton - Behind the Sun (1985)

So i can play Forever Man.

12 Likes

‘Oranges and Lemons’ by XTC

11 Likes

Pink_Floyd_-_Pulse

Because it’s his birthday.

20 Likes

New volume of sonatas

8 Likes

It came out on Friday (5th) @Dreadatthecontrols

1 Like

Live recording of one of last year’s best albums.