What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Just purchased from bandcamp… not played yet. tbh I was almost put off by the review (in HiFi Choice) which spent more words discussing the angst and humanity of the work rather than what the ladies music actually sounds like: That seems a common theme in music reviews nowadays.

However the few words which described the music sounded quite good and it’s their album of the month so I thought it worth a punt.

1 Like

It’d a very good 2nd outing , she’s finding her way more and defining more who she wants to be. Which is no bad thing in my book.

1 Like

Yes and the music’s good as well? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers, Friday was the 4th btw. . Mind you I woke up this morning not knowing what day it was after night before :joy:
I’ll playlist it for my in cab entertainment tomorrow
:+1:

1 Like

Indeed it is which is the most important factor.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!
Wonderful album indeed.

1 Like

Always rewarding solo concertos from this period, very lyrical again

5 Likes

Ages since I listened to these two.
Rodriguez ‘Searching For Sugar Man’ &
Jorge Ben ‘Africa Brasil’

6 Likes

The Octet Broadcasts 1969 & 1979 - Alan Wakeman.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve got the Mr. Bongo reissue. Excellent record & reissue.
I’ve spotted the original twice in recent weeks, each one between £225-£275. One in Chester, and the other in Leeds, fwiw, to anyone on the hunt for these rare beasts.

I hope yours turns up!

1 Like

Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon / 1992 EMI / 20th Anniversary Box UK CD / 077778147923

Celebrating with his finest work.

26 Likes

Margriet Sjoerdsma Tribute to Eva Cassidy, Eva’s brother plays Violin on the tracks, gorgeous.

1 Like

Happy birthday, FD! From 1978, his first (and IMO, his best) solo album. On UK first press vinyl…

25 Likes

Me too, it’s out of print again I think

1 Like

Dave Edmunds - Repeat When Necessary, ably supported on the album by the rest of Rockpile and Albert Lee on “Sweet Little Lisa”.

7 Likes

<<>>

Double CD from the Discovery box set,
and my very first listen to the Studio Album :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

21 Likes

1st run, first impression good

2 Likes

Second spin and i really like this outing, nice and rocky

3 Likes

Patti Smith Group. Easter.
Powerful stuff. Have it on vinyl and cd but streaming tonight. Reminds me, must dig out some PJ Harvey albums.

19 Likes

Brilliant album Debs. I saw them at Mothers club Birmingham. Great club.

5 Likes