What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Money In My Pocket The great Dennis Brown. 12" Freedom Sounds, toasting and Dubwise versions. Youth and Youth.

5 Likes

It is her best album yet.

1 Like

Listening bliss!

22 Likes

It’s that girl again! (On CD).

6 Likes

I can never listen to an EJ album from start to finish with this one being the exception.

18 Likes

On board with the Miriam love-in.

Pata Pata - Miriam Makeba. Joyous.

4 Likes

Zep - Physical Graffiti 1975.

27 Likes

John McLaughlin - The Montreux Years

Despite pre-ordering in January, my copy only turned up today (Amazon had sent it by Royal Mail). I ripped it to the NS01 and was surprised to see that the look up engine had decided it was a Pink Floyd album. Now David Gilmour may be a capable guitar player, but he’s hardly in the same league as John McLaughlin!:joy:

It’s an interesting album which presents a best of compilation from his many appearances at Montreux since 1984.

7 Likes

I have always found the song “Pata Pata” rather irritating @Charles64. What I really like about Somi’s version on Zenzile is that she turns it into a kind of avant-garde sound collage. A stroke of genius.

A little late to DG birthday party but never mind… Happy Birthday David.

DAVID_GILMOUR_DAVID+GILMOUR+-+1ST+-+VG-7505601

Vinyl (1978 UK first press.

21 Likes

I can’t listen to any of em, so you’re not alone.

2 Likes

I can see what you mean about Pata Pata, though I really like it’s exuberance. I think this album’s non-African songs are the weakest, but they presumably reflected the intention of making her more appealing to white audiences.

As an aside, the rear sleeve notes are replete with casual stereotypes about a brown skinned South African woman, deemed acceptable enough at the time to pass as “entertaining”. Fascinating cultural time travel.

I’ve not listened to Somi’s album yet. I’m looking forward to it, though.

1 Like

Whenever I Seem To Be Far Away - Terje Rypdal

4 Likes

1985 - Love & Rockets // Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven

4 Likes

25 Likes

Following leads from @AlanP & @Buster with their recent Stones posts. One of my many favourites

20 Likes

…and chill!

1975 - Smokey Robinson // A Quiet Storm

6 Likes

I watched Get Back for the second time, so plenty of Beatles on this week.
1967-70 from 1973.
The inner gatefold photo is one of the best of the millions taken imo.

12 Likes

David Lynn Jones: Hard Times on Easy Street. When your system is sounding good you start searching through your records, found this and it’s a cracker.

First listen to this Poundland bargain bought yesterday

The Mavericks - Trampoline

The first track Dance The Night Away needs no introduction and the rest of the album all sounds pretty good

6 Likes