What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Some Stones and mighty fine they sound too

16 Likes

A bit of a surprise Faces release to me anyway….thanks @johnt for this heads up. Faces just live……at their best👍

9 Likes

New release. Have any of these been released previously?

Many many times……but a different concert……one for Faces fans.

I mean’t from this concert.

New to me…….a bit of a surprise, i have most of their music.

Tori Amos. The Beekeeper. My fav Tori album. Some songs of real beauty.

13 Likes

Just had a quick listen. Sounds like it was recorded by someone in the audience on a dodgy cassette. :slight_smile:

It sounds just like the Faces…….heard them live back in the day….they were just a bar band……as i said probably for Faces fans.

3 Likes

Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery Bags meets Wes! / 2008 Riverside / Keepnews Edition / EU CD / 0888072305021

Milt Jackson Vibraphone
Wes Montgomery Guitar
Wynton Kelly Piano
Sam Jones Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

8 Likes

Sadly I only ever got to see the Faces once, but what a night that was back in 1974 at the Lewisham Odeon. Guests were Paul and Linda McCartney and the audience had a mass brawl. Probably one of the best live bands ever.

6 Likes

Black Uhuru. Sinsemilla./Tapper Zukie. Peace in the ghetto.
Double bill. Black Uhuru are becoming more well known in the Community but Tapper Zukie not so much. Which is shame because it’s a belter featuring Ghetto rock which is a track I never want to end.

:jamaica:

5 Likes

Saw them only once in London, thought they were drinking pints of beer……it was apparently brandy and coke. At that time Rod had an amazing vocal range, and the band were sublime.

4 Likes

Just Finishing…

Shelby Lynn - Shelby Lynn

Shelby Lynne (Vocals, Bass, Drums, Guitars, Keyboards, Piano, Saxophone), Mimi Friedman (Piano), Trevor Menear (Electric Guitar), Billy Mitchell (Piano), Michael Jerome Moore (Drums), Brandon Owens (Bass), Ed Roth (Hammond B3, Piano, Wurlitzer), Benmont Tench (Wurlitzer) and Chris Townsend (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continued on with my exercise routine and with Shelby and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

Samantha Fish, faster. It is Saturday morning down under. I feel like something loud and fast! :relaxed:

5 Likes

Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs - Under The Covers Part 2

Deluxe edition includes covers of Marquee Moon, Melissa (Allman Brothers) and Killer Queen.

7 Likes

Any Tori album is to be cherished, but interested to understand why this would be your pick ?

Friday evening time for some Bicep workout.

1 Like

Now playing…

John Mayer - Sob Rock

John Mayer (Vocals, Bass, Keyboards, Piano), Jeff Babko (Keyboards), Lenny Castro (Percussion), Larry Goldings (Keyboards, Percussion), Sean Hurley (Bass), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel), Maren Morris (Vocals), Jamie Muhoberac (Keyboards), Pino Palladino (Bass), Greg Phillinganes (Keyboards, Synthesizer) and Aaron Sterling (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on into the early afternoon with John as I relax with a sandwich and cup of coffee and he and the band are sounding sweet!

11 Likes

I worked with a guy nearly 20 years ago. He was a big fan and copied a number of CDs of hers for me, which I still have. This is the one that leaps out for me. Full band and a number of beautiful songs with full production. Her most famous albums do less for me.